Your Wormwood play styles?

hyiltiz

Not healing from food severely limits the options; sleeping in a tent is not easy either since silk is a bit rare (in my game the spidermonkeys are all extinct...) Nitre is also not easy to mass produce. Poop healing is slow, and cannot use during combat; imagine smearing poop on Wormwood during a boss fight. Besides, at least until the first Aporkalypse, staying sane isn't an easy feat.

While you can fix every single problems I listed above, solving them all effectively doesn't seem to be as easy. What is your favorite Wormwood specific play styles/farms?

I make base in the jungle (by using a mod to make it possible to build stuff on ferns) or near it (without mods) preferably near grass biom. 

I don't bother with cooking food and i mostly eat monster meat since it only affects my sanity which is always low anyway because i chop a lot of wood and i get a lot of nightmare fuel which i will be selling in the future. 

Then i focus on leading snaptooths near dungpiles and i feed them till they become flytraps. Later on i lead them near a single guard tower for a halberd farm. 

Then i travel to the 2nd pig city to get a key to the city and executionary hammer.

After commiting some good o'l hammer time in the city i bring the stuff near my base and i start building a city with mud spas for healing items,magic stores to sell all the nightmare fuel, a bank for gold and oddity store to sell chitine from dung beetles and later on silk&spider glands after bringing spider eggs from RoG. 

With all that set up i can travel prepared to find the aporkalypse clock. 

Yeah, I love the idea of Wormwood but his health management is an absolute nightmare early game. I've already died 3 times with him, never made it into the lush season.

Other than buying stuff you can use the compost wrap, mosquito sacks or kill monkeys, get their glands and make salve. I guess you can also try a Wishing Well but gold nuggets are so rare and desirable in Hamlet it seems like a waste.

The problem with all that is if you screw up and you're really low on health it takes a while to collect enough manure for a couple of wraps and fighting monkeys is risky and takes a lot of resources if you aren't doing it perfectly. And good luck finding enough mosquito sacks if you suddenly need to restore 60 HP or more.

One of the biggest frustrations is killing the pig guards. With how time consuming it is they often switch to torches and then one hit sets you on fire and strips you of a huge chunk of health.

I imagine it'd be somewhat easier if you can survive the first year or so and have an established base. Honey Poultice is only 5 oincs. But still, I guess playing Wormwood is completely impractical if you aren't great with the game since you have to limit you health loss much more than with other characters.

As for sanity, I find it very easy to manage. Chopping and replanting a few trees, planting a few seeds you find, digging into dung piles...there are a lot of options. I was almost never insane in my playthroughs. It's only the health that's very hard for me to manage.

Archived