Can't find the Aporkalypse Calendar. Need help!

I've found the right ruins, have found the End Well but no Calendar. I've found a few cracks but have no means to open them. Axes don't work anymore and there are no pillars anywhere near the rooms with the cracks. I've no means to get gunpowder, not have I ever had the means to up to day 60.

It's been a constant and rough battle for survival in Hamlet for me, this is the first time I got past Lush season well enough to survive the second Humid season. I'm trying my hardest to find this Calendar so I can finally get a little stability to start building my own town but so far no luck.

I've even gone so far as to back up my save at day 59 and try to explore all different routes, ruins and rooms before I eventually die and have to try again but after managing to find the correct ruins and explore every single room in it there is still no Calendar in sight and no way for me to get to it as I can't make gunpowder.

Hoping I can get someone to shed some light in this because so far Hamlet has been increasingly frustrating and not fun for me.

You have to open the right crack, using either gunpowder, coconade or slurtle slime. There is no other way to find the calendar.

However there are multiple ways for you to handle this situation (merging your world, basing on the fifth island the time some eggs gathered on jungle trees rotten, coming back to the first island and find ressources there, etc.). I think that the simplest would be to craft gunpowder.

Quick guide for desperate times : use your day 59 save. Buy rotten eggs in the Sterling Trough Deli (the shop on the first island that sells crockpot dishes). Gather some nitres thanks to some boulder in the suburbs. Make charcoal. Craft gunpowder at an alchemy engine.

Or maybe let the Aporkalypse happen, wait in some room with crack that an Ancient Herald spawns and try to make it lands a meteor on the crack. I think it will open it. G'luck !

It’s a good idea to set aside some of the eggs you get from chopping trees at the beginning and stash them in a cork barrel with nitre and charcoal. If you have to use coconades or have a limited amount of gunpowder, AND you have a spare blue gem, make a magnifying glass. It will tell you which cracks lead to rooms and which don’t, so you don’t waste your ammo

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

It’s a good idea to set aside some of the eggs you get from chopping trees at the beginning and stash them in a cork barrel with nitre and charcoal. If you have to use coconades or have a limited amount of gunpowder, AND you have a spare blue gem, make a magnifying glass. It will tell you which cracks lead to rooms and which don’t, so you don’t waste your ammo

I wish the character quote actually tell which crack is fake, i got two different quotes from Wheeler during my earlier run and none of it was an entrance. It so misleading.

1 hour ago, DarithD said:

I wish the character quote actually tell which crack is fake, i got two different quotes from Wheeler during my earlier run and none of it was an entrance. It so misleading.

That's why you have magnifying glass and Wagstaff's googles.

Archived