Any Easy Way to check the Star-map in Sandbox Mode?

I bought this game in early 2017 or 18 (idk but before geysers) and was not a huge fan of the game, with my biggest annoyance being that so many resources, even iron were non-renewable, but since the release is coming I decided to go back to the game, but I'm still having some problems with resources.  From my understanding, with a star-map that contains all planets on the map, all resources are renewable if you don't count Wolfremite (Exept Chlorine, but it's easy to find their Gysers).  If I am wrong about this, please do correct me.

However, I don't really understand high-up technology very well in ONI, and want to be able to view a seed's star-map before I actually start building my colony, so I know that the seed does have at least 1 of all the available planets.  In the current World that I started I have the seed, but no way to easily assess the starmap (without spawning in a duplicant, and training his research from scratch, and probably building a base in itself in the process.; 

Is there any way to load the star-map of a seed using sandbox mode, or with a mod, perhaps?

(My seed is 1514149315, if that helps)

I don't want to start another thread for this, but my debug mode isn't working, and I can't find any answers.  I put the debug_enable.txt file in the older, So it should work, right?  I'll include the image in order to hopefully help, but upon hitting backspace in-game it currently does nothing.

image.png

That seems like it could work for my purpose, originally I was worried that the seeds that are there would be of slightly higher quality than average (why would someone upload a bad seed?)  They seem pretty normal, and besides, what's there to be picky about, I'm getting a better seed!  My colony is at cycle 14, so it's barely worth saving. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

42 minutes ago, Unn0ticedShadow said:

That seems like it could work for my purpose, originally I was worried that the seeds that are there would be of slightly higher quality than average (why would someone upload a bad seed?)  They seem pretty normal, and besides, what's there to be picky about, I'm getting a better seed!  My colony is at cycle 14, so it's barely worth saving. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's actually a mod to auto upload seeds and there's a couple people that automated that to just cycle through seeds to get them uploaded. There's some great ones and some terrible ones. 

8 hours ago, Unn0ticedShadow said:

I don't want to start another thread for this, but my debug mode isn't working, and I can't find any answers.  I put the debug_enable.txt file in the older, So it should work, right?  I'll include the image in order to hopefully help, but upon hitting backspace in-game it currently does nothing.

image.png

Check under folder options to see if you have "Hide extensions for known file types" checked.  It's under the File menu, Change Folder and Search Options, View tab.  If this is checked, your file is likely named debug_enable.txt.txt which would cause it to not work correctly.  You could also try just removing the .txt extension if that option is checked and it will likely work.

The uploads to the seed browser are done by a mod. So every seed will be uploaded if the mod is installed. Bad sees and "good" seeds. Its in the eye of the beholder, whats good or bad. Some want an easy seed with useful volcanos, others enjoy a hard challenge.

Archived