Ro-Bin Suggestions

Bobert216

I feel like as he is now he is not in any way a good use of time, but i feel he could be something special so lets get on with the suggestions.

Ro-bin should have more health to allow you to take him out more without fear of your materials getting scattered and for him to be a meat shield,

in accordance with at least someones (can't remember who examine maybe its more then one persons examine) saying he looks like he can hold alot maybe an extra 3 slots?

And something i feel is never going to happen and is way out there but i like the idea, allowing you to jump into Ro-bins mouth to hide from thins like a bush hat, have him shield you with his health and maybe provide immunity to could and heat but you get wet from being in him. 

i know that last one is actually insane but... doesn't it sound like it would make him viable? if you ignore the visual and conceptual problems of getting eaten by a bird being weird its useful.... yeah i cant salvage how odd that is.

i HAVE SINCE THE TIME OF THIS POST CHANGED MY MIND, HES USEFUL BUT I'M STiLL SAD HES A BIT BORING AND BASIC...

Sorry i Had caps-lock on and i'm too lazy to go back and re type it lol

4 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

He is already viable. He just also happens to be pretty much a reskinned Packim Baggims without the fish-eating mechanic and transformations.

I somewhat disagree, he is harder to get then chester and packims, you get less for it, add on the fact that by many hamlet is considered the hardest mode (Maybe shipwrecked is for me though) and he just feels..... tacked on? like they thought t the last second "We need a chester? ok i wantto do something new with how you get him like maybe use the egg mechanic from tall birds, alright works for me and there we go hes in the game and neat..... i feel like im forgettting something..... whatever its probably nothing"

On 21.5.2019 at 1:57 AM, Bobert216 said:

he is harder to get then chester and packims

Unlike Ro Bin you can't know where Packim Baggins spawns. Chester spawns at the end of the road in most cases. So perhaps Packims is the hardest to get?

2 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Unlike Ro Bin you can't know where Packim Baggins spawns. Chester spawns at the end of the road in most cases. So perhaps Packims is the hardest to get?

Yes but you can also get lucky, but i see where your coming from,  just wish since (at least in my eyes) he is at least on par with the difficulty of obtaining Packims (if you could call luck difficulty, you'll fine Packims eventually but i agree it is as hard as Ro-Bin) i wish he was at least on par with him utility/ability wise in some way

On 5/21/2019 at 12:57 AM, Bobert216 said:

he is harder to get then chester and packims, you get less for it

I do not understand how this is an argument. You do not have the choice between him and chester in Hamlet. Why is this a relevant comparison?

Hamlet is intentionally harder than the other parts of the game. Why do people keep assuming that that's a bug, rather than a feature?

Ro Bin is already totally worth the time investment. Just get him to hatch when you know you will be staying around the base for a few days anyway. He is very helpful in transporting relics out of ruins, or distracting a few rabid beetles or snap teeth every now and then.

So he is not a beefy meat shield. That does not make him useless. People who complain that he is not worth the time should back that up with some data. I would bet that everybody who knows how to get him gets him (not like Night Light, say, which nobody ever bothers with), so that's that argument laid to rest.

12 minutes ago, Majestix said:

Hamlet is intentionally harder than the other parts of the game. Why do people keep assuming that that's a bug, rather than a feature?

Yeah, i agree in some aspects but i also wish it was more then just a harder to get Chester.... it isn't because i think hes bad, hes useful, but i have a bad habit of comparing things, like how i compare Chester and Cave Chester (I love him why do i forget his name!) or Ro-Bin and Packims, he is damn useful, i just remember the first time i found Packims and learned about his cool (If not amazing, just neat) transformations, and thinking "That's SO awesome i can cook by feeding him!!!" i just feel that he was a bit... uninspired like nothing special about him. (other than i've heard he can cross worlds with you to SW/ROG and i'lll give that points but it wish there were more hamlet specific things with him) i dont dislike him, i just feel there is alot of wasted potential, and i feel that's the reason even people who love hamlet are still annoyed at it, because there's SO MUCH potential, even if its not realistic to be able to do some things people want its sad to see (if you only include the hamlet and no world switching) has just.... basic? which is fine but sad to me, but i understand why, and i trust Klei, i just think hes cute and wanted more reason to be with the little bugger more haha so i suggested more hp 

also who's nightlight? or what?

Also i realize i may have said hes not worth the time in my previous messages (I didn't read them again but i may have based on what you said) and after spending more time with him, i changed my mind i just wish he was more unique, although he doesn't NEED to be i just personally wish he was like the others

Archived