Character Examination Quotes Questions

On the Don't Starve wiki, there are collections of examination quotes for the characters, which is cool and great, and I find myself checking it all the time for various reasons. But there's one thing about them that I find slightly mysterious, and perhaps someone here can explain it.

The characters have examination quotes for one another that seem to be variable, but I've never seen them change when I've played the game. Are they unimplemented but still part of the game's files? Or perhaps I haven't done the actions correctly the make them change?

For example, it seems that characters will acknowledge one another if they've revived each other, but I haven't seen those quotes even after interacting with other players when we've revived each other. They also have different quotes for when the other characters have attacked or killed them, but I haven't seen those either.

Where are these quotes coming from on the quotes list on the wiki? Are they in the game, and I just haven't seen them because I didn't do it correctly? Or what?

And this is all building up to me being curious as to what the characters' reactions are to Wortox, since those quotes aren't on the wiki yet. Can anyone please tell me the different reactions that the other characters have to him? Like when greeting him, and the other reactions that are listed on the quotes pages on the wiki. Because those are blank on the wiki I was checking. Doesn't have to be all of the characters, though that would be interesting. The one I'm most interested in is Wilson's.

And if there's a way to see these quotes by somehow examining the game's files, I'd be willing to check it myself, if someone can tell me how to find them. Because I'll have the same questions about Wormwood and Warly once they're added to the game, too, and if I can just check myself, then I won't have to bother anyone about it. ^o^;>

Does holding alt change from the normal greeting to reflect the interactions between the players? I'll have to try that next time I play.

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to just view these lines of text from the game's files without playing it? Because that would be ideal.

17 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

The characters have examination quotes for one another that seem to be variable, but I've never seen them change when I've played the game. Are they unimplemented but still part of the game's files? Or perhaps I haven't done the actions correctly the make them change?

It's based on what the player has done recently. there's 5 different states for every character: Normal, Attacker, Murderer, Reviver, and Firestarter. Woodie has a 6th examination for others when he's in his Beaver state.
Normal = Default examination.
Attacker = If the player has attacked another player in PVP (can also be activated by hitting yourself with a boomerang in PVE).
Murderer = If the player kills another player in PVP.
Reviver = If the player revives a ghost player with a heart only. Other methods don't trigger this.
Firestarter = If the player recently set a player made structure on fire.
Beaver = If the Woodie player is currently a Werebeaver.

3 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to just view these lines of text from the game's files without playing it? Because that would be ideal.

Yeah. You'll wanna go to:
"Program Files (x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>Don't Starve Together>data>databundles>scripts>speech_[Character]"
And I'd recommend opening the speech files with Notepad++ if you don't already have it installed.

Chris1448, I feel like I'm so tantalizingly close to getting the information I'm looking for. Do you perhaps know the folders that those files are located in on a Mac? [EDIT: Never mind, I found them, I used Steam's "browse local files" option to locate them. Thank you for inspiring me to look!]

Also, Bluegeist, thank you very much! I'm so glad you understand my fascination with this! ^o^;>

Quotes for Wortox. Surprised no one has implemented them yet, even after all this time. Would like to know them aswell.

Unfortunately, I only know 2 lines from Willow:

Reviver: "Maybe you're not all mischief"

Dead: "Looking a little pale there, red"

Archived