I was thinking they increase drop rate of whatever creature they relate to or have some bonus related to the favorite food, Varglings give more hound teeth from Hounds. /// Giblet gives chance for more eggs from birdcage or maybe makes Turkeys passive or make Tall birds friendly?? /// The Broodling would net you maybe a couple extra dragonfly scales or passive fire resistance /// Ewelet would increases Ewecus spawn rate or rarely sheds a piece of steel wool /// Kitty kit gives u RNG resources like a tumbleweed, or you could sacrifice it to respawn another 9 lives from a cat den /// MY BOY Glom glom would naturally have a smaller or equal sanity aura to Glommer its natural happiness would despawn a shadow creature 3 times a day or something? or it could drop glommer goop for fire fueling * ^ * ///

The Mothling ended up inspiring this hypothetical critters refresh since they added some utility to one pet is it possible to code all that? ^^^

Do you guys think this route is balanced? unbalanced? let me know :D open to new ideas n changes pls no booli  

I personally dont know, but the fact that one critter has some special ability no matter how small it is makes me hope for some small buff to the others, maybe a baby sanity boost with glom glom, varg would deal damage but way weaker maybe like 5 hp per hit, Giblet can be fed berries or seeds, to have a chance to drop an egg, Broodling could Deal very weak fire damage via the Dragonfly but pounce attack (Maybe around 1 per slam but is sets whoever it hits on fire for half the time of normal burning, but if it his multiple times it stacks increasing the time) Ewelet could Stun the target for a very small amount of time (1 or 2 seconds?) and the kitty cat could Occasionally attack birds and bring them to you. i know these don't sound strong but honestly i don't think they need to be or should be for that matter the dragonfly pet as an ever present light source isn't too strong either, especially late game when you have a lamp, or if you rush it, early game with a lamp so i feel they should be weak situational uses that players can use to give a slight edge to their weakest points or maybe just for utility all in all i feel pets in dst are very unexplored/unused and i want/expect them to do more with them in the future but... not until the future, i feel were still a ways away from the big pet patch that we hope for, which i'm fine with.

13 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

the den cat spawning mechanic is quirky but after roughly 50 days ( ONLY ON DEFAULT SEASON SETTINGS ) the den rebuilds

OH i didn't know that xD, personally i don't mess with cats all i knew was that after 9 lives they don't come back xD thank you for this i can mercilessly harvest cats :p

30 minutes ago, Bobert216 said:

I personally dont know, but the fact that one critter has some special ability no matter how small it is makes me hope for some small buff to the others, maybe a baby sanity boost with glom glom, varg would deal damage but way weaker maybe like 5 hp per hit, Giblet can be fed berries or seeds, to have a chance to drop an egg, Broodling could Deal very weak fire damage via the Dragonfly but pounce attack (Maybe around 1 per slam but is sets whoever it hits on fire for half the time of normal burning, but if it his multiple times it stacks increasing the time) Ewelet could Stun the target for a very small amount of time (1 or 2 seconds?) and the kitty cat could Occasionally attack birds and bring them to you. i know these don't sound strong but honestly i don't think they need to be or should be for that matter the dragonfly pet as an ever present light source isn't too strong either, especially late game when you have a lamp, or if you rush it, early game with a lamp so i feel they should be weak situational uses that players can use to give a slight edge to their weakest points or maybe just for utility all in all i feel pets in dst are very unexplored/unused and i want/expect them to do more with them in the future but... not until the future, i feel were still a ways away from the big pet patch that we hope for, which i'm fine with.

combat based bonuses for pets sound pretty interesting tbh though i feel like the effects like stuns and fire stacking would have to be nerfed with the amount of players online xD otherwise bosses would get perma stunned or have a ton of DOTs like the dragonfly's burn. Id be so down for the giblet idea as well makes it so viable to passively gain rotten eggs or just extra ingredients <3 great idea!

Giving the critters perks would be a great way to give incentive to choose a pet, and to properly feed them. 
I'd rather Ewelet not increase Ewecus spawn rate, and Vargling not increase Vargs. 
Maybe give them drops for good care? Vargling loses teeth, Ewecus drops a bit of wool, Kittykit coughs up a random item, Glomglom gloops, etc. 

Archived