Winning Adventure Mode as Wormwood question

I need help figuring out something in the code. I'd try it out myself but it involves winning adventure mode which I am nowhere near able to do.

So when you complete adventure mode, you get this text:

"And so the cycle continues. Will [character name] ever escape? Perhaps %s too will tire of this wretched place, and use %s new powers to tempt the unsuspecting. The mysterious beings that control this place still lurk in the shadows, and new challenges will soon be revealed."

The writing will adapt to character selection and gender. I'm curious what Wormwood's will show up as since he is under the robot gender in Hamlet's constants.lua file. Likewise, I would also like to know this for Webber and Wilbur (they are also under robot, in DLC constants.lua files only)

And so the cycle continues. Will Wormwood ever escape? Perhaps he too will tire of this wretched place, and use his new powers to tempt the unsuspecting. The mysterious beings that control this place still lurk in the shadows, and new challenges will soon be revealed

IMG_20190306_234130.png

I don't know about Webber and Wilbur but they probably also display male version

Oh, I would have loved it was revealed that Wormwood is actually the one controlling the Constant :apple:

But I suppose Klei is as ill-advised as George Lucas when he didn't make Jar Jar as Darth Vader :D

When you beat adventure mode as the robot, it uses the pronouns "they" and "them."

5bdb5f43119a7_WX-78endingtypo.thumb.jpg.

So, if Wormwood is grouped with WX-78 in the game's code in terms of gender, I'd imagine it will also use the gender-neutral "they" for Wormwood.

6 hours ago, kiwikenobi said:

When you beat adventure mode as the robot, it uses the pronouns "they" and "them."

5bdb5f43119a7_WX-78endingtypo.thumb.jpg.

So, if Wormwood is grouped with WX-78 in the game's code in terms of gender, I'd imagine it will also use the gender-neutral "they" for Wormwood.

Cool, thanks for showing that screenshot.

See, that's what I assumed as well but according to @Hx380 it uses he/his. And @NeddoFreddo said that Webber uses they/their, which is probably because webber is two beings. Still confused about Wilbur though

The weird thing is comparing the programming of the puppets, webber uses male_puppet lines and so does wormwood. Wx is the only character to use robot_puppet. I'm trying to figure out why there is inconsistency. 

If anyone has a screenshot like this for wormy/wilbur/webber that would be swell

Fun fact since it'll help answer yall questions:

When your character appears on the throne, that's actually a different prefab, called "NAME_PUPPET" (example: wilson_puppet) which you can spawn in using console. Then you can examine said prefab and your character will use the quote for MALE, FEMALE, or ROBOT depending on who you spawn in. 

On 5/9/2019 at 12:56 AM, Canis said:

Fun fact since it'll help answer yall questions:

When your character appears on the throne, that's actually a different prefab, called "NAME_PUPPET" (example: wilson_puppet) which you can spawn in using console. Then you can examine said prefab and your character will use the quote for MALE, FEMALE, or ROBOT depending on who you spawn in. 

Thanks, but I'm aware of this, I was kinda talking about it in the post above. You can look at puppet.lua to see who is assigned to which puppet gender, and WX-78 is the only robot_puppet ofc. It's that constants.lua has more chars under robot that confuses me. I think constants.lua controls the pronouns used in the adventure mode end text, not the puppet gender, and I want to know how it works.

Archived