Copper Volcano taming

So in MK3 I've worked on building my very first Metal Volcano tamer.  I will say it has been challenging to say the least, from mistakes I've made trying to be efficient to the fun times of using the wrong metal even though I swear I selected Steel not Copper for my Aquatuner.  I've worked through a lot of issues but am a bit stumped on what I can do for the last issue I've run into.

Apparently my copper volcano is a bit over productive.  It states it only does 8.2kg/s of Copper for 58 seconds every 188 seconds. so by that math I should only get 475.6kg of copper per eruption but for someone reason I get a tile of copper vs debris.  I've looked again for the video that show the amount but couldn't find it, but from memory I though it was 600kg  vs 601kg.  I can add a auto miner to take care of it but is there a better solution?

Is there anything else down there that needs to be swept up? I was getting tiles before i fully mined away from the volcano and also when i had some loose igneous sitting around, but once I had nothing but copper it came out fine

Just now, bmilohill said:

I've got 15t of copper in refined copper debris sitting in front of my volcano right now, so I don't thing the total mass has anything to do with the tile issue. 

Screenshot of your volcano?

I will get it when I can start up the game tonight.and see about putting the save up there as well.

@FiannaTigerI'v had this happen to me a few times as well in the past, is the previous eruption still on the ground? The new eruption can liquefy the old one and the combined mass can be enough to solidify. (Solution is rapid cooling) There is also the possibility of the mass duplication bug being the cause but I'm not qualified to talk accurately on that issue. @mathmanican can you advise if matter duplication could be happening in this instance?

Kg's to form tile
Iron 801
Gold 697
Copper 721
Magma 1473
Ice/Water 801

1 hour ago, JohnFrancis said:

can you advise if matter duplication could be happening in this instance?

It absolutely can be happening there. It probably won't be 100% but the conditions described will allow the bug to do its magic. Free metal. 

@FiannaTigerA couple of pieces of advice. First make sure both those doors are made of steel for the higher thermal conductivity. In your T piece replace the metal tile outlined with a diamond temp shift plate. Finally make sure you have lots of steam/water in your boil room, I'm talking minimum 2000kg total (Not per tile just the entire room combined).

You issue is the metal is cooling to slowly, with the above changes you will suck the heat out of the metal so fast it should never have a chance to accumulate even with the duplication bug.

Replace.jpg

Seems you can’t make doors out of tungsten so I’ve now got a 3 door setup with steel. It took a bit to replace and get the Steel made but now no more issues with matter duplication. Still waiting to see how my aquatuner and steam turbine work out. The temp on the water pool keep increasing as things run. I may take out my automation for sweeping the copper and just open a door with a high priority storage bin with a day timer to get my dupes to move it manually  

Here is mine 

It's a bit more complicated than SamLogan's setup but the iron comes out at around 125 degree and sweeper and loader won't overheat. Still do not have time to compare the output of these turbines, 125-130 degree steam and 1 turbine 195 degree steam. My system outputs at max 300kJ per cycle

5cd009ba22a83_tamingvolcanoeswith2turbines.thumb.jpg.591a29d324fddfab50cd46b937ef97f1.jpg

Archived