Statistics and death!

I wanna know:

• How many times I died...
  • ...and why.
  • How many days (on average) I live per game.
  • What monster/animal is my nemesis (killed by the most).
  • What monster/animal fears me most (killed the most).
  • Whether I'm carnivore or vegetarian.

Reading this will help me cope with death by distracting me every time I die.

Also, instead of a huge sign counting the XP earned, I would like to be able to see my final place of rest.

• If dead by monsters, I want them to stay there fighting between each other over who eats me.
  • If dead by starving, time should fast forward. I wanna see natural life continue without me.
  • If dead by darkness, I wanna hear weird sounds, like the laughter you sometimes hear at night in the distance.

Edited by Excess

Brilliant. I LOVE this.

It'd also be nice to be able to see a symbol of my dead body so I can go back to it more easily after effigy-res'ing. (Though I can appreciate the fun of having to find my body, this map/world has GOT to get bigger, so it's going to be LOTS harder down the road.)

Great Ideas Excess. I get really bummed out whenever I die and dont really feel like playing again. This would probably help a little.

Also, adding to Ravt's idea. When you die and have an effigy, maybe something uniqe could grow where you died? As a memorial. Or simply A new grave spawning.

Agreed. It would be nice to see this type of information. Maybe we could even unlock a new button on the Main Menu when you first die called "Cemetery". There you could have a gravestone for each of the characters, and when you select it the statistics could pop-up for you to review. I would suggest that it only record the last death of that character. Maybe you could even decide whether you want to replace the previous stats for a character with new ones earned during a replay.

So excellent. Somebody's been out digging up the best of brains I see! I was actually thinking about this the other day. I would love to see random lists of things you've done that are mostly unrelated to anything important as well. Beefalo confused 103, Trees satiated 2, Poop ignited 1367.

I wanna know:

• How many times I died...
  • ...and why.
  • How many days (on average) I live per game.
  • What monster/animal is my nemesis (killed by the most).
  • What monster/animal fears me most (killed the most).
  • Whether I'm carnivore or vegetarian.

Reading this will help me cope with death by distracting me every time I die.

Also, instead of a huge sign counting the XP earned, I would like to be able to see my final place of rest.

• If dead by monsters, I want them to stay there fighting between each other over who eats me.
  • If dead by starving, time should fast forward. I wanna see natural life continue without me.
  • If dead by darkness, I wanna hear weird sounds, like the laughter you sometimes hear at night in the distance.

Woa! Bizar! I just posted something like that earlier this day and now the thread is updated I see it after posting a second similar thread. Sorry for that. Maybe you'll find it still interesting.

The one of 14:15

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?5526-Replayability-Solution

The one of 20:06

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?5561-Suggestion-History-Log-Scoreboard

Thumbs up for your suggestion!

Kind regards, Karisuto

Perhaps a Naughty/Nice stat along the lines of 'Sent to Hell'/'Made it to Heaven' or something less religion based.

+1 on the Naughty/Nice meter, not so much on the Heaven/hell thing.

What if the game gave you a title based on what you had done most (or least of), like 'Wilson the Pacifist' if you had not killed any animals or 'Wilson the Impaler' if you had used your spear loads.

I was thinking on some sort of death-related phrase like "And so, Wilson learnt not to mess with the spiders" but I really like your Title idea too. That would be a great way of using all this statistics, instead of just showing them as plain data. The Naughty/Nice meter could affect which title get's chosen, a naughty one (eg: impaler) or a nice one (eg: pacifist).