Make it easier to grow nettles

Just managed to survive long enough to try out nettle growing with a sprinkler.

I find the whole thing tedious. The sprinkler has low fuel capacity and constantly needs attention. Your nettles also lose all growth progress when you run back and find the sprinkler out of action due to lack of fuel.

Without the sprinkler it's even worse. You have to rely on rain conditions for the nettles to grow, which in my opinion, is a hopeless case and the only nettles I managed to grab was out in the wild. That was quite a mystery since there was no rain or pond in that area.

All in all, my choices are 1- babysitting nettles in the humid season, 2- tanking the sanity loss with a gas mask in lush season, or 3- just waiting it out in town during lush season. This is not very fun at all and I hope devs changes this.

Then again maybe this is all part of the plan. I've noticed rogue games attract masochistic players and I've seen several youtubers walk around insane nonchalantly after all.

On 4/16/2019 at 1:12 AM, Occulus said:

Then again maybe this is all part of the plan. I've noticed rogue games attract masochistic players and I've seen several youtubers walk around insane nonchalantly after all.

thats just because thats how you farm nightmare fuel

but they are really annoying to do i suggest the use of tea tree seeds they arent as good as nettle but does work

On 4/16/2019 at 10:12 AM, Occulus said:

Just managed to survive long enough to try out nettle growing with a sprinkler.

I find the whole thing tedious. The sprinkler has low fuel capacity and constantly needs attention. Your nettles also lose all growth progress when you run back and find the sprinkler out of action due to lack of fuel.

Without the sprinkler it's even worse. You have to rely on rain conditions for the nettles to grow, which in my opinion, is a hopeless case and the only nettles I managed to grab was out in the wild. That was quite a mystery since there was no rain or pond in that area.

All in all, my choices are 1- babysitting nettles in the humid season, 2- tanking the sanity loss with a gas mask in lush season, or 3- just waiting it out in town during lush season. This is not very fun at all and I hope devs changes this.

there are some ways to deal with lush season if you don't have nettles.

Seed pots --- the seeds from tea tress can cure hay fever for a short period of time...

So--- this is how I deal with lush season in the first place:

• rush BFB island: craft whistle to call the bird as soon as possible
  • there is a very high chance for you to get blue gems by mining the petrified eggs, take ro bin, and queen's staff
  • if you get ONLY one blue gem... craft a magnifying glass FIRST (this helps you get more blue gems)
  • go to second pig village and buy coconades
  • explore the ruins and find cracks, inspect them with magni glass FIRST to avoid wasting coconades (some cracks are "false".) 
  • since you have already the staff for the queen... get the key for the executive hammer and destroy 2 lamps in whichever city that you don't really need (careful with guards, they'll be mad if they see you)
  • go to pugalisk island
  • pugalisk island has A LOT of nettle plants, just go there and shovel them them... 
  • go back to base with nettles (this is best if done in humid season)
  • you should have 2 iron from destroying the lamps in the city, one blue gem from exploring the ruins, and buy 6 ice in the "carrot" shop selling food ingredients.
  • craft a lightning rod and  sprinkler and place it in deep jungle biome near water (be careful if there is a lot of fern.. that blocks placement)
  • in humid season you dont have to "babysit" them that much... natural rain + sprinkler makes the process faster (3 days of constant rain)
  • you need around 25 nettles per season.. make sure you eat them using the croc pot: 3 nettles + 1 twig: one recipe is good enough for 2 days
  • be happy xD

Archived