My suggestion would be to add larger capacity gas storage tanks, maybe 500kg and 1000kg tanks.  Require it to be made out of refined metal & Steel & plastic.  The reason I ask is storing natural gas and hydrogen results in giant tank farms or building rooms with pumps and high pressure vents.  It just doesn't make sense to me that I can create a 5x3 room (same size as tank) and store 300 KG of gas but I can't build a better tank than one that only stores 150kg.

Thanks,

Six by Six 

PS:  While I know you can create infinite gas storage using simple exploits, I try not to use them.

33 minutes ago, lee1026 said:

In the real world, when people want to store a lot of natural gas, they turn it to liquid first.

That solution work well in the game as well.

It works, but it makes no sense. If you want to store nat gas for later power generation, it makes no sense to waste a ton of energy to liquify it, resulting in a negative energy count for the whole system.

Large scale heat deletion with steam turbine, thermotuner and supercoolant is power-neutral in QOL3 and power-positive in QOL2.

If you really want to abuse the game, freeze the thing into solids since you can store an infinite amount of debris in a single tile.

late game I agree you can liquefy it.  This is more mid game when you want to store hydrogen to later liquefy and store excess NG from geysers for use during the geyser dormancy period.  As Sherra says, spending all the energy to liquify it negates the power storage.

I actually like it when game rules leads to real world solution being good in-game solutions as well. Most of my favorite builds are the kind that comes from real world engineering, not from the game's engine acting up. Things like transferring heat efficiently and effectively between incoming crude and outgoing petrol is much more interesting then exploiting the game's weird pacu mechanics.

Real world oil and gas companies deal with the problem of storing natural gas by liquifying it. Turns out that the game's simulation makes it possible to do.  Well, then, players should be encouraged to do it instead of inventing new science fiction tools.

The rest is just game balance. I would argue that a reduction in the electric cost of the thermoregulator is the correct solution, so that liquidating natural gas would make sense for long term storage. 

1 hour ago, lee1026 said:

I actually like it when game rules leads to real world solution being good in-game solutions as well. Most of my favorite builds are the kind that comes from real world engineering, not from the game's engine acting up. Things like transferring heat efficiently and effectively between incoming crude and outgoing petrol is much more interesting then exploiting the game's weird pacu mechanics.

Real world oil and gas companies deal with the problem of storing natural gas by liquifying it. Turns out that the game's simulation makes it possible to do.  Well, then, players should be encouraged to do it instead of inventing new science fiction tools.

The rest is just game balance. I would argue that a reduction in the electric cost of the thermoregulator is the correct solution, so that liquidating natural gas would make sense for long term storage. 

Yeap im full onboard if the cost for thermo regulators get reduced, for food refrigerators too no reason this stuff being so high cost no need even to use power all the time or at least lower comsumption if anyone opens it for some time. I use them on co2 its cool and stuff but seems really out of place... 

11 hours ago, lee1026 said:

I would argue that a reduction in the electric cost of the thermoregulator is the correct solution, so that liquidating natural gas would make sense for long term storage. 

Agreed, in game its almost 5 times more expensive to move heat with aquatuner than create same amount of heat with water tepitzer, irl would be almost opposite(1:3.5). It will open more schemes to manage heat.

Archived