The "Y.S.N.P. -Tile" to block critter movement Y.S.N.P. = YOU SHALL NOT PASS

The  Y.S.N.P. = YOU SHOULD NOT PASS - Tile to block critter movement.

Based on content from

Why not adding a tile, where critters could not pass?
For walking critters it would be an easy thing.
Some baked slime coating as real block(rock crusher/kitchen), or something more like path planner, to cut off pathing for critters, based on rooms / ranch, but must be possible to use, in open ranches too.
For flying ones, it could be the same, but they stay 3 tiles away from them (as block).
Perhaps a background tile would be a thing too.
Could be modded perhaps?
@D.L.S.TY :)

A tile that blocks critter movement but not dupes. Like a fence tile. I like it. I was thinking of something of that sort but it was redundant with doors working correctly. Now we could use some of this.

I imagine it as a wall for critters that dupes just pass through. It would allow to contain fliers easier and separate different critter types in the same room.

It would need a different critter overcrowding calculation (maybe based on pathing) so that you can`t just trap infinite critters in a 1x1 box.

Background tile which block path(for pathfinding) only for creatures? Very specific thing, maybe just modify airlock doors, or automation sensor for life form.

(it was shall - "you shall not pass!":D)

9 minutes ago, maloki said:

why can't the pneumatic door keep functioning for this, it's been great.

A tile would give you the advantage to "lock" the critters to specific areas (shove vole, puft), some sort of visual fencing like @Sasza22thinks of.
Could be a smelling background tile flower with 3x3 tile range or when balm lilly is planted into hanging pot, it works that way, would be ok too for me.

3 hours ago, Oozinator said:

A tile would give you the advantage to "lock" the critters to specific areas (shove vole, puft), some sort of visual fencing like @Sasza22thinks of.
Could be a smelling background tile flower with 3x3 tile range or when balm lilly is planted into hanging pot, it works that way, would be ok too for me.

sure, but like, it doesn't make any sense why would the animals be stopped by a block? A door makes sense. :D

Sounds like something which would be better served by a mod, than core game.

14 minutes ago, maloki said:

why would the animals be stopped by a block? A door makes sense. :D

Because of the reasons i described above.
A door should lock them yes, but a tile would be much nicer to have, to organize room layout..

4 hours ago, maloki said:

sure, but like, it doesn't make any sense why would the animals be stopped by a block? A door makes sense. :D

Could be sort of electric fence like in Jurassic park or some microwave emission which keep creatures away from this tile. You can figure many implementations of this effect.

On 4/5/2019 at 2:59 AM, D.L.S. said:

Could be sort of electric fence like in Jurassic park or some microwave emission which keep creatures away from this tile. You can figure many implementations of this effect.

Now these are like concrete suggestions though, rather than just saying "a tile to stop them". This kind of feedback also helps developers make good decisions if it's something they want to consider.

Speaking of, it seems that the pneumatic doors are back to their old behaviour.

Archived