>be me

>dare my friend to 1v1 me in DST (as a joke)

>he accepts

>both load up DST, he hosts a server with PvP enabled.

>He told me he hasn't played in like a year.

>Immediately picks Wortox, he picks Wig.

>Tries to spawnkill me, his host ping is trash so I can't kite him.

>Teleport away.

>"wtf is that character"

>gather stuff for a torch and axe, while friend is trying to hunt me down, while im trying to deal with the lag.

>I teleport in his general direction, he sees it and starts chasing

>it turns to night

>He tries to follow me while it slowly gets dark

>He didn't make a torch lol

>he starts getting hit by Charlie but the wig hat is doing him well

>I survive by only holding out the torch for a second when Charlie hisses at me

>Day comes, friend is insane and is not well on HP.

>he starts to relentlessly chase me again and I run

>teleport to another biome close by, blocked off by water.

>laugh as he gets killed by shadow creatures (and rage-quits)

PvP is fun.

2 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Thank you for underlying yet again how PvP makes you lose friends, gets people pissed off, is imbalanced af and generally played by toxic and annoying people :cupcake:

In what way was he toxic in this scenario? Or worthy of losing a friend?

There was already a thread where he could post PvP related info, but he decided to make a new post for no reason, not even giving a real explanation, simply with the title "PvP is Fun".  He doesn't even try to justify why people like PvP, just gives a rather mediocre example of how he destroyed his 'friend' with Wortox D2, the clear best PvP character and caused him to rage quit.  This post added nothing to the forums, and would be better without it.

1 hour ago, Unn0ticedShadow said:

There was already a thread where he could post PvP related info, but he decided to make a new post for no reason, not even giving a real explanation, simply with the title "PvP is Fun".  He doesn't even try to justify why people like PvP, just gives a rather mediocre example of how he destroyed his 'friend' with Wortox D2, the clear best PvP character and caused him to rage quit.  This post added nothing to the forums, and would be better without it.

I honestly don't get it. The other thread was a discussion on whether there should be changes to the game regarding PvP. He posted a thread telling us how he enjoyed the game and a story from it. Isn't that what the forum is for? I don't see how this thread is in any way offensive or toxic.

45 minutes ago, Fjedjik said:

I honestly don't get it. The other thread was a discussion on whether there should be changes to the game regarding PvP. He posted a thread telling us how he enjoyed the game and a story from it. Isn't that what the forum is for? I don't see how this thread is in any way offensive or toxic.

image.png.e461b849079faaf447a215172256b4b3.png

45 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Wow guys, hey look what I've found: DST Tales of Life and Death

Also banter is very cool - best done on one's friends. Online!

:rolleyes:

Honestly, I always forget that forum exists.

Also, The reason I posted this thread in general was just a "haha Pvp is stupid fun". I personally enjoy PvP every now and then. Theres no message behind this post saying "look how toxic pvp is" or something. In all honesty, this is a tad of a manure-post.

1 minute ago, Ressayez said:

So nobody’s gonna make a snarky quip about how this isn’t 4chan? ... And ask why anyone would use greentext formatting on the Klei forums? I expect nothing, and I’m still let down.

I did it because Im lazy and the format is easy to use.

I've never touched 4chan in my life.

Archived