Little changes - Huge impact

There's a lot of talk about waterlocks going on, but I want to point out that you can build the same pattern and get a little CO2 in there and it's nearly (if not completely) as effective as a liquid lock.  I use this early game until I have exosuits setup, to avoid the wet feet for my dupes, and as I said it pretty much works as well as a waterlock.

I think it would be cool if they made it so powered airlocks worked as proper airlocks.  This would give a very compelling reason for powering them, and would make it a little more intuitive for new players.  They could even add a little blurb in the airlock description letting the player know that powering the airlocks helps them work correctly to keep gasses separated.

1 hour ago, Nitroturtle said:

There's a lot of talk about waterlocks going on, but I want to point out that you can build the same pattern and get a little CO2 in there and it's nearly (if not completely) as effective as a liquid lock.  I use this early game until I have exosuits setup, to avoid the wet feet for my dupes, and as I said it pretty much works as well as a waterlock.

You can also invert it (you do need to make it 1 square taller) and make a hydrogen lock for CO2 and chlorine areas. 

If you still collecting ideas...

Make scrolling works to the middle of the screen, not to the border.

Now if I want to build something on the edge of world, it is royal pain.

Edge cells stay at the edge of screen, mostly covered by interface, build menu covers left side of screen, inventory covers right side.

As far as I know, it is just make limiting numbers in scrolling not "0" and "screen width", but "half of screen width"

4 hours ago, Prince Mandor said:

Now if I want to build something on the edge of world, it is royal pain.

Edge cells stay at the edge of screen, mostly covered by interface, build menu covers left side of screen, inventory covers right side.

There is a mod for that ;)

However I agree it's a flaw in the core game. It is annoying to build on the edge of the map, particularly if you use the bigger building menu mod.

Archived