The Forge Season 3 Confirmed (not clickbait)

cantbeatdaboss

So recently I was playing the forged forge mod, and someone played as Wortox.  We thought the game would crash, but we were surprised when we were able to join.  Not only were we able to play with Wortox, but he also had his own voice lines and abilities.  As far as we could tell he had quotes for every item in the forge except grand armour (which nobody has dialogue for in the mod).  He also seemed to have some sort of ability.  He had 275 health and could use darts, melee weapons, books, and maybe even staves (we didn't test it with staves).  I highly doubt he would be able to use every weapon in the base game because that seems too OP.  Another interesting fact was that whenever he died a soul would spawn over his body.  Reviving him would heal everyone in a small radius for a small amount of health.  Whenever a boss or normal enemy died, they would also drop souls, which would also heal players.

You may be wondering how this relates to the Forge Season 3, and I will get to that.  I'm not sure if the abilities are part of the Forge or not, because they seem really similar to his normal abilities.  His quotes, however, seem to indicate that the developers plan on bringing back the Forge once again.  If they thought otherwise then they probably wouldn't have written all the voice lines because it would just be extra work.  If you want evidence of this, you can try it out by yourself by downloading and playing the Forged Forge mod.  If you ask for screenshots, I can add some.  The reason I don't have any at the initial time of writing this is that I didn't take any during the game I played and I wanted to try and get this out as quickly as possible.  If you have any other questions or anything to add on, put it in the comments and I will try to give you an answer.

He has quotes for every event. I didn't found any quote for picking an invalid weapon. Regarding this it's likely that he is unfinished for the event. Also, it was announced that events like the Forge and Gorge won't come back...in their current form. Providing server for events costs money, too. Klei will do something different this year - see Roadmap 2019. Sorry to say it but don't get too excited. It's possible the Forge won't come back this year. At least we have Forged mod and the modders planning to bring the Gorge back and people have a chance to buy or weave Forge skins.

The characters tend to have lines for everything regardless of whether they'll actually see the items or not. Winona has quotes for Adventure Mode stuff despite not being available in SP.

That said, they never said that the Forge wouldn't be returning, and it's greatly popular, so...not a whole lot of reason to assume that it wasn't coming back in the first place.
All we've really heard about it was that the character changes and new content would take higher priority than special events.

Thank you for the replies everyone.  I was aware of the Winona voice lines for adventure mode before this, but I forgot about them before writing this.  I thought that maybe these characters have those lines because they were planned for single player but if future characters also have adventure mode quotes then I may be wrong. The developers only said that they were not bringing back the events for now, so they could bring them back next year or later.  My guess is that the abilities are just his normal abilities acting in strange ways due to being in the forge, but him having extra health in the forge is suspicious, as that seems intentional.  Although the forge is probably not coming this year, I hope it will come again later.  I am pretty sure they are doing a third event but I will make another post about that soon.

On 30. 3. 2019 at 7:51 PM, cantbeatdaboss said:

extra health 

200 HP is the base character HP value, wes has it changed for example.

wortox just doesn't have any perks in event's aside from the soul mechanic taken from normal singleplayer.

On 2019-03-29 at 12:16 PM, axxel said:

He has quotes for every event. I didn't found any quote for picking an invalid weapon.

He has the line "I am cautious about touching it." for refusing an invalid weapon. I don’t know if it can play in-game, though.

9 hours ago, The 2C3D said:

He has the line "I am cautious about touching it." for refusing an invalid weapon. I don’t know if it can play in-game, though.

Currently he is able to wield every weapon the Re-Forge mod. We are out of luck to find this out.:?

It might be a month old topic, but I'm a dev on Forged Forge and Wortox doesn't actually have any perks. By default, characters that are not compatible can use any item and his basegame mechanics just carryover into forged forge (health included). There isn't really anything in the files that hints to what Klei plans to do with him when/if the forge returns.

Archived