The MOGOM Mk IV, with integrated idiot-proofing!

How it works: A dupe will attempt to mop up the polluted water, only to be stopped just before the errand can be completed by the mesh door closing. Having been broken from his previous errand, the dupe will collect the bottled water and attempt to deliver it to the right emptier. However, stepping across the pressure plates has started to disable the emptier, oh no! By the time the door opens to allow the dupe access to the emptier it's already too late. Defeated, the dupe drops the bottle, which falls through the doors, and looks for another task. Back to mopping for our dupe!

To deal with water bottles being left everywhere when break time comes around, there's a second bottle emptier on the left, which is enabled as long the dupe is to the right of pressure pads. Like before, the dupe will be thwarted in delivering the bottle and drop it. However since it's on the left this time, the dupe will just pick it back up and attempt to deliver it to the right like we want.

Things to note: The hydro sensor must be set to "above 120" in order to correctly stop the dupe from mopping and also stopping the water from becoming too deep to mop. Also it cannot be mirrored. Dupes drop things favouring the right, and this is used to make sure bottles are dropped over the mesh door. Finally, I used clean water for testing, be sure to use polluted water yourself.

image.thumb.png.348a67d5344b5998cb55459ffe92cc59.png

image.thumb.png.49503a6222b8fc30fcf186bcf4c89e11.png

image.thumb.png.b73c8c918c07f8d18c9c5e2802a70dda.png

It's sure come a long way from the hulking beast of the Mk1.

@Yunru How large of a stack of PW do you need to have built up to offgas enough for sustaining, say, 8 dupes?  I tried building a MOGOM around v2 or v3, and it seemed like even when the PW bottles had 4x20 mtons in the drop square it still was barely offgassing any appreciable volume.  I saw a thread at some point that gave the numbers behind offgassing mechanics but haven't been able to relocate it.

And thanks for the updated design.  When I restart on next patch I'll give this one a whirl.

1 hour ago, Yunru said:

It slows down as you approach 1800g though, that might be why.

It wasn't even approaching that.  Was puffing for < 1kg for a few ticks, then sitting there for nearly a full cycle at 0g/s per the mouseover.  Combined with no offgassing animation and no PO2 accumulation/deodorizer stats in the reporting, I didn't look too closely at it. I'll pay more attention next time or try to dig up the save file and log it if it's still a present bug.

@Yunru  Finally got around to building this version.  Of course built it mirrored despite your instructions.  Powering the door under the clean-up emptier near the door seems to make it work mirrored, through the first few derps.  Works like a charm to spec though.  Thanks.

30 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

What exactly is the purpose of this 'device'?

It's name is the "Manual Off Gassing Oxygen Module". The point is to automate polluted water bottling, completely skipping the Algae Terrariums. PW bottles off gas quite rapidly, and you can use the resulting PO2 with deodorizers to completely handle all O2 production.  No electrolyzers needed, or any other oxygen buildings. Here's some related posts.

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

I think I prefer a SPOM,

To each his own. :)  Lots of "right" ways to get oxygen.

ive-heard-it-both-ways-memes-com-1764746

This method has the benefit of strength training dupes, producing lots of clay for ceramics, and getting 900g O2 out of 1000g water (greater than 888g), with zero algae cost (to compare to terrarium). But yes it means you don't accumulate large amounts of hydrogen.  

23 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

that thing bottles clean water the way you set it up now doesn't it?

Answered here. 

On 3/21/2019 at 7:01 PM, Yunru said:

Finally, I used clean water for testing, be sure to use polluted water yourself.

Small update (not enough to warrant a version increase); I managed to cut down on the size by making the automation more complex, yay.

Edit: Actually, since I remove the bottle dropping, meet the Mk V!

image.thumb.png.3ec27ec68c2a21681365d2da29f9974e.png

image.thumb.png.6c051bc8b6d0b854b688677ad1946eae.png

The clock is set to stay active slightly longer than the dupe working the shift. What this does is cause the mechanical airlocks to shove any dropped bottles off of the pressure plates.

The new wires at the top control when the MOGOM is operational. When it's off, no gas can escape, and dupes can only leave (the bottom door is set to allow dupes out but not in). The outer door is to stop gas escaping of course.

Archived