Duplicant Checkpoint

Hi !

I've tried to set a checkpoint for my dups. It needs an active signal to allow them to pass.

I chose the checkpoint instead of the door because even I don't want to let them to go in when it's inactive, I want them able to go out of this room if there were already in, even when it's inactive. Because a door is locked when it's inactive, they cannot go out.

But it seems I have an issue, and I don't know if it's a bug or a game mechanism. Dups who want to go in, even the checkpoint is inactive, just stay at the door. And they could stay like this until the end of the working day... It seems they are waiting the checkpoint to turn "enabled".

Any information that I don't have ?

Otherwise, I'll have to set 2 doors... one to go in, and one to go out, always enabled... But it will be harder to do than to say because I need a waterlock and I don't have enough space :-/ any other idea ?

image.thumb.png.8e304c1db20c5cef201e2473e63854b5.png

Thanks a lot :)

This is how it`s supposed to work. The idea was for usage in airlock setups so the dupe waits until the oxygen gets pumped out before being allowed to move. The checkpoint will make them wait but will not break pathing and force them to do a different task.

An alternative is putting 2 doors one above the other, setting one to one direction only (out) and controlling the other via automation. This way they can still go out but won`t be allowed in unless you give an active signal.

Many thanks for those clarification :) That's what I thought.

I didn't think about 2 door atop of the other, so I've successfully managed, not so easily, another door with another waterlock on the other side of the room ;)

Thanks again !

On 21.03.2019 at 1:05 AM, OxCD said:

so I've successfully managed, not so easily, another door with another waterlock on the other side of the room

Just in case: you can place both a checkpoint and a door in same place. Like: door in between checkpoint and destination. When you need a two-way passage, it will act as two-way passage. When you need it to auto-lock, checkpoint will block itself, but door will stay open as long as somebody is in the room. As soon as dupe leaves room, door will get locked (a number of ways to do that), dupes accumulated at checkpoint (you can unlock it now) will 'scatter' since there is no longer a way in.

This means that there will be some dupe-time lose due to checkpoint pausing dupes, but it is more compact then two-door variant.

In some cases you can also use transit tubes as 'exit' (one-way tube activates when door is closed).

Here's a cheeky way to avoid the duplicant checkpoint and only use doors.

The bottom door is controlled by automation (it can be set to only allow dupes going right but most often that's not needed).
The top door is always open but only allows dupes going left.

image.thumb.png.6065c894491a0977dcf73682d9c6f2a5.png

Yup, @Sasza22 gave me an option the day I've post this. With a single-way door atop the automated door. Like @Saturnus have just demonstrated few minutes ago.

It does really fit the needs, so it's been like this last 1000 cycles, and it has always worked as expected :)

Thanks all for your help !

2 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Yup, @Sasza22 gave me an option the day I've post this. With a single-way door atop the automated door. Like @Saturnus have just demonstrated few minutes ago.

It does really fit the needs, so it's been like this last 1000 cycles, and it has always worked as expected :)

Oh, no worries. And my apologies to @Sasza22. I did not see his solution which is the same as the one I posted before posting.

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Oh, no worries. And my apologies to @Sasza22. I did not see his solution which is the same as the one I posted before posting.

No worries. I`m just to lazy to make a screenshot of such a design and i end up explaining it each time somebody asks for a checkpoint alternative for one way movement.

Archived