Suggestion: Force Fields to deflect meteors.

There's a force field surrounding an earth-like planet In the animated short for the Space Industry Upgrade.  This force field destroys an incoming meteor, and the rocket's onboard computers suggest it would do the same to the rocket itself.  I know a lot of effort goes into steel production, which is used to build meteor-resistant bunkers, among other things, but I'd love to see a force field projector as an end-game tech.  It should probably require a lot of power to run, but with a Meteor Scanner set to detect rockets and a simple Not Switch (so we can deactivate the field when rockets launch and return) we could eventually replace the protective steel shell around our asteroid with something much cooler looking.

The obvious advantage is that it won`t block light so you`ll have maximum solar panel uptime.

I suggested it before. To make the thing balanced it should require some space materials (maybe the force field artifact you can find) and be able to cover a little more than 2 solar panels. You could easily automate it to activate only during meteor storms. It would destroy meteors at the top of the map or above it so another downside would be no free iron.

11 hours ago, Sebastiangperez said:

There is one artifact that is a force field, maybe is a sneek peek that in the future you can research them and discover new technologies. 

Nope it’s a hologram.

On 2019-03-20 at 5:31 PM, Sasza22 said:

The obvious advantage is that it won`t block light so you`ll have maximum solar panel uptime.

I suggested it before. To make the thing balanced it should require some space materials (maybe the force field artifact you can find) and be able to cover a little more than 2 solar panels. You could easily automate it to activate only during meteor storms. It would destroy meteors at the top of the map or above it so another downside would be no free iron.

Yes, yes yes! Getting no free iron would be a very good trade off. Also, there could be a limit of 1-3 to be found in the world. That way you could protect a few solar panels, but not a ridiculous amount.

Archived