New Season Perk Speculations

As we all know, Klei told us that each of the Hamlet seasons will be getting some new perks when they released the official roadmap. What would you all hope to see when the new update releases? I have some ideas below:

Humid Season:

-Science Says the Ground is Moist! (Deep Rainforest turf can be dug up during  Humid Season, because the moisture makes the ground easier to move)

-ACTUAL drops from Rabid Beetles (Something useful that we can use to make new items)

-Fog Affects All (Mobs will have a smaller aggro range, because they can't see well in the fog)

Lush Season:

-ALL plants start to bloom (For example, blooming Saplings will give 2 twigs rather than 1, blooming Claw Palms will drop 6 Cork instead of 3)

Aporkalypse:

-The Herald will reset the Ruins when killed

-The Aporkalypse can only be ended by killing the Herald

-New Iron Hulk boss

What do you think of these ideas? Of course, these are just a few, so leave some more in the comments below!

7 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

-The Herald will reset the Ruins when killed

I don't think the heralds should they're everywhere during the Aporkalypse, and you can kill them inside the ruins which might cause problems although ruins regen might be neat, and I want a big boss for Aporkalypse which could do that. also rabid beetle drops, but no herald drops?

the ONLY season perk I demand is each Season being 20 days long similar to other DLCs

I do not like 10 days of only Mild, Humid and Lush season.

It feels soo much rushed and most of the time you will worry more about the Season rather then anything else.

I cannot feel the bliss and uniqueness of each season if its soo much short.

2 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

also rabid beetle drops, but no herald drops?

Herlad drops are the creatures he spawns, that's what I feel now.

and Rabid Beetles should drop their Ravishing Moustache! 

I’m guessing there will be quite a lot of focus on the aporkalypse. One thing I’d really like to see there would be changes to the enviroment. Most of the “end of times” stuff mostly affects animals, but I’d think it’d really add to feel like the world is crumbling around you.  Trees slumping over. Water turning black. Maybe a variant of frog rain with rabid beetles like a plague of locusts. All that good “The world is clearly not happy about this” stuff.

One idea I had was that the earth could start splitting apart, causing earthquakes and large holes on the surface. This could even be a benefit if the holes could be entered to reveal more caves or buried temples with special rewards. Perhaps you could end up finding a previously unearthed iron deposit? That’d solve the inevitable “I killed the iron hulk so now i have no source of iron” problem.

Those are my ideas atleast. If something doesn’t make sense feel free to ask, as my phone doesn’t halfway inbetween writing this and I might of lost track of what I was typing.

I hope the Aporkalypse either becomes an actual season, or that it becomes sort of like the Hamlet equivalent of the RoG ruins, that is to say, a very challenging late-game section of the game with many rare and valuable drops and items. I can already see experienced players rushing the ruins clock to get Aporkalypse on day 1.

10 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I hope the Aporkalypse either becomes an actual season, or that it becomes sort of like the Hamlet equivalent of the RoG ruins, that is to say, a very challenging late-game section of the game with many rare and valuable drops and items. I can already see experienced players rushing the ruins clock to get Aporkalypse on day 1.

That is one aspect that Hamlet is severely lacking in. RoG had the Ruins, the only place where you could get Thulecite, Green Gems, Orange Gems, and other tasty loot. SW had the Volcano, where you could get Coffee, Elephant Cacti and Obsidian. I know that the Pig Ruins and Cave Clefts are supposed to be Hamlet's equivalent, but there isn't really any reason to even go into the Ruins other than the ones that lead to other islands. Sure, you can sell the Relics you find, but I have made more Oincs selling clippings from hedges than I ever have selling Relics. Plus, all of Hamlet's areas provide mid-game challenges and rewards at best. What I would like to see (finally) in Hamlet is an area similar to the Atrium from DST, but larger. As in, something that is very dangerous, hard to navigate, has really rare and useful items, and has an ultimate "final boss", so to speak. The Fuelweaver is without a doubt the most intense boss in all of DS, and I would like to see something like that in Hamlet. I thought the Herald was going to be similar, but it ended up just being a pointless nuisance that I can just run from if I choose.

I hope that Lush season adds more ambiance and colors. Think Great Leafy Stalk would be covered with flowers and all.

Snaptoots should start blooming. They'd be more corolful and have a flower on the back of their heads. 

They'd drop it when killed. Idk what it'd be used yet. Maybe some new recipe or item

I think what would be viable is that Lotus Plants should only bloom during Lush season as well, it is only logical although I know they are great source of sanity and not having them during other seasons would feel kind of iffy but think of it as a blooming tuber, it is something simillar actually, and still you need them mostly in Lush season where sanity is the biggest issue with all the hayfever and what not... Also I hope there will be more deph to each season, like in Hamlet there are just 3 seasons if not counting the aporkcalypse as a season so adding more esthetics to them would be really nice imo, for example during Lush season there could be more blooming plants except just the tubers, all other plants could have changed texture as well, Maybe Tea trees could have some new feature during Lush season as well.. Also I agree that Humid season's fog needs to be adjusted so that the fog also effects other mob's visual range (aggro range)

I already made a thread discussing some new perks to the seasons, and it includes some ideas that were mentioned here. I really like suggesting or speculating about new features! I think a cool idea for the Aporkalypse is whent it begins, an animation begins, showing the calendar aligning and the sky turning red. Nothing too big, but something to hype up the whole event.

Archived