Some Hamlet Ideas

After two sort of long playthroughs, I noted some ideas that I needed or felt missing. They are not huge like adding new biomes or Herald drops but here you go;

• A fireplace for the house.

Often times I would have food items that need to be cooked, or me needing to dry while I'm in the house and making a campfire inside doesn't seem right to me. So, adding a fireplace that you can purchase sounds neat to me. it only takes space on the wall and you can light it whenever you want.

• Additional floor

Because the house room can seem tiny at times and get crowded, why not be able to purchase an upgrade and get a second floor? The staircase can be placed in the back or the side wall.

• Vampire Bat traps

This one is what I want the most. I don't want to always rely on pig guards or other creatures when a bat attack comes. setting a base in the wild has no protection against them and tooth traps are not an option since they fly, but here's a new trap for them that works similarly;

It's a spiky ball that extends its spikes when a bat flies nearby it. Similar to tooth traps, one of it's materials should be dropped by the bats. Perhaps the bats can drop teeth too? they got big ones after all. The design could be impractical if it covers a lot of space, but I would love the idea of bat traps to be in the game.

• Piko nests

I would love to know which tea trees contain Pikos so I don't chop them down by mistake. This can be done by adding an indication below the tree that has a piko nest. as in the image below, the nest remains under the tea tree would work well and it's a graphic already in the game

Here's a quick visualization of my said ideas;

8BRhQfU.png

Bonus fun idea:

Having wanted posters with various rewards (Oincs or Items) and the objective is to kill a pig thief/criminal that you might find wandering sneakily around the town, outskirts or the wilderness. It could be the same model as the masked pig, but color code their capes. Or capture them alive by putting them to sleep and tie them with a rope then carry them (like carrying a statue piece in DST) all the way to the pig guards/town hall :D

I would love to hear your feedback :>

1 hour ago, Meruem1 said:

Or capture them alive by putting them to sleep and tie them with a rope then carry them (like carrying a statue piece in DST) all the way to the pig guards/town hall :D

Spoiler

Kinky.

Anyhow, these are lovely ideas, and those sketches are wonderful! 

Houses are getting multiple rooms very soon. So look forward to that!

Maxwell uses traps almost exactly like what you show here, they pop up and sink into the ground after 1 use. They could probably reuse this elsewhere, and I feel if this does exist, it should be another overall trap that also hurts flying things, not just bats.
:>

Archived