Mant Overpopulation

I feel like the ant homes spawn them like crazy, everytime i check there are always 4 or 5 Mants on the rooms with the homes, I guess the aporkalipse makes them go out, and the ant homes keep spawning them because they are not on the nest.

13 minutes ago, Osbalop said:

I feel like the ant homes spawn them like crazy, everytime i check there are always 4 or 5 Mants on the rooms with the homes, I guess the aporkalipse makes them go out, and the ant homes keep spawning them because they are not on the nest.

hmm, can this be confirmed?

I mean are Mants even capable of entering/exiting their own homes at will?

For more information: The only time the Aporkalypse has been started was in the calendar room and only briefly. They are your normal run of the mill Mants. I do use mods, and I did tweak world settings, but I only made Temperate season longer and removed the glowfly cycle.

Screenshot (103).png

• Developer

We found one reason for this, and that will be addressed in the upcoming patch, but that was definitely related the the aporkalypse starting and ending.

If you only had one aporkalypse yet have many mants that would be a different issue and I have no idea yet what could cause that yet - I'll have to ponder this.

12 hours ago, MWY said:

I mean aren't they like only allowed to spawn from their nest (like spiders do) and in limited numbers?

Yes, that's the intention. I found one reason why this can break down but based on these reports it seems there's another one that I haven't identified yet.

Archived