So Theoretically Steam Turbine Is Impossible To Run Surplus Using No Exploits And External Heat Souce?

4 hours ago, TOOK14 said:

Does the door pump still work reasonably?  I thought it destroyed large amounts of gas.

The door pump works just fine. All you have to do is have more water in the room.  The door pump will keep a constant amount of steam in the upper chamber (depends on how many spaces you have open). All you have to do is add enough steam to the lower chamber to make sure the total is more than what the top will stabilize too.  If it stops working, you don't have enough steam.  

Correctly designed, the door pump does not destroy gas. 

2 hours ago, goatt said:

Another important thing to do to make sure it runs continuously is to add enough steam. Since gas is moved to vaccum (door area) by percentage I believe, so if it has 100 kg steam at a tile, 10% moved down, there is still 10 kg gets moved. In game it's more than 10%. With 1000 kg per tile intensity for example, moving 3 kg/s is trivial.

+1

2 hours ago, lee1026 said:

With one port open, it eats  625500 DTU, so with 5 open, it will be 3 million DTU.

All of these computations are minimum amounts deleted.  As long as you don't melt the turbine, you can delete any amount of heat. 

The problem is that with the steam turbine, all heat sources under 425K is a liability, since moving heat from anything under 425K to over 425K via aquatuners cost you energy assuming you don't exploit the thing.

On a different note, I just had a different idea and I was wondering if anyone tested this before I spend the time to test it:

1. Steam rockets with no payload to a 10K target operate a profit in steam if you drywall the rocket silo.

2. Steam rockets still produce hot-ish exhaust. Over 500K, I think.

3. So we design a rocket silo such that we get the exhaust to go through multiple steam turbines, into a drywalled room on the other side.

4. Have pumps on the other side move the steam to a rocket.

5. Dump the extra cool steam in your rocket program reservoir. 

You are getting the heat for free (via the rocket). The only cost you really pay is the pumping of the steam,  and I think you turn a profit on that after 3 layers of steam turbines.

I have 2 example whit steam turbines working (not 100% of the time) for cooling purpose: No exploits used. One for steam condensation, the second for cooling my rocket silo. The steam input is from the hydrogen rocket. 

Spoiler

2.thumb.jpg.0c19aa09f29387d1a42566787d1c0f02.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.b0b03d9a7ec731786e4b2812ab32bc0f.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.ea6937fad20989019f2d0f0e1d2ec281.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.bf9b8531d5b43fa74d54151caa6a181c.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.65abd3832124f2662917d04adf5249c0.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.4316eb812d37339e6bdb39b50a04083c.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.33f81261c6edffacb1cb2dceb22af469.jpg

@gredalusiam

Because, if you use the steam generator for heat deletion, it's much harder to reuse the steam than to simply vent it. It's almost not worthwhile due to the cost of piping it back down (In my post I was discussing reasons/methods for using the steam generator that *don't* involve exploits/bugs/glitches etc. in accordance with the OP) Without doorpumps and infinite power, the only way to keep non-space-age materials in non-melting temps is with fresh cool water. Condensation isn't an option because it just moves the heat around, and pumping steam is extremely inefficient. Venting hot steam increases the amount of heat the system can get rid of and increases its overall thermal throughput, and if you're going to vent hot steam you can use the steam generator to reclaim some of that power and use it to offset the cost of running the aquatuners.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:36 AM, impyre said:

Essentially using your steam generator + a bit of extra electricity to cool your fridge/sleet wheat/refinery coolant/base/etc. The convenient part of this is that all the heat gets dumped into a central location, but it can be brought in from all over the base. The inconvenient part is that it's unsustainable long-term unless you vent the steam to space.

Hello everyone.

I'm going to finish this dispute and build steam turbine in the survival base, that function without exploits;

Here is my prototype, built in debug mode:

From my previous topic it seems that there are many sceptics that it is possible, so I'm going to stream it on twitch (so sceptics can see that I'm accidentally didn't turn on debug tool);

Here is the link to my twitch channel:

https://m.twitch.tv/gamengineering/profile- 

I have already started to build it in my current base, but it is huge and far away from finish;

I will continue build it today. Stream will start in 10 hours from the moment this post is written; Everyone who is interested are welcome to join;

2 hours ago, gamengineering said:

From my previous topic it seems that there are many sceptics that it is possible, so I'm going to stream it on twitch (so sceptics can see that I'm accidentally didn't turn on debug tool);

I believe you 100% that it is possible.  The only real problem is providing sufficient heat to keep it running nonstop. The thing eats so much heat that you could freeze your entire asteroid. Have fun.

To mathematician

Why to run it non stop? Does you run any other machine non-stop, for example your coal generator? I bet you huck it to the smart battery to preserve your resourcess, such as coal.

Heat is same resource, that you can converte to energy, it just in this case its not chemical energy, but direct heat energy, and it is reasonable to preserve it.

My goal to run the thing without exploit, but not run it 100% up-time

1 hour ago, gamengineering said:

My goal to run the thing without exploit, but not run it 100% up-time

Yep. That's been done many times. It's a fun endeavor. A condensation build is the most practical for no exploit setups (provided you think gas mechanics with one element per tile are an exploit rather than clever use of central game mechanics, a debate for another  thread).  Enjoy. 

49 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

Yep. That's been done many times. It's a fun endeavor. A condensation build is the most practical for no exploit setups (provided you think gas mechanics with one element per tile are an exploit rather than clever use of central game mechanics, a debate for another  thread).  Enjoy. 

tepadizer is enough heat source, you reminded me of that.

Trepidizer whit a not- buffer filter circuit...i prefer also a and gate paired whit a liquid sensor for turning on and off the trepidizer (i used some for changing the methane to natural gas) (when i am at home i will make some print screen) Is nothing special.

Post edit: for @goatt . In spoilers you have the schematics

As I said nothing special. 

Spoiler

3.thumb.jpg.353fd2cc5db21bf0df1c32bdaf371f7d.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.1e24b59dd66217ace163b2c1a6899c86.jpg

8 hours ago, tzionut said:

Trepidizer whit a not- buffer filter circuit...i prefer also a and gate paired whit a liquid sensor for turning on and off the trepidizer (i used some for changing the methane to natural gas) (when i am at home i will make some print screen) Is nothing special.

Post edit: for @goatt . In spoilers you have the schematics

As I said nothing special. 

Hide contents

3.thumb.jpg.353fd2cc5db21bf0df1c32bdaf371f7d.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.1e24b59dd66217ace163b2c1a6899c86.jpg

oh it's the seizure automation, thx

Archived