About new characters

So they told us that with new update they will be releasing new characters to dst. So i beg devs not to make a mistake and think of it before they do it ,cuz i see they added new characters to Hamlet and for me they are so random and some look like they dont fit in to the world.So pls make good ideas and dont add some random stuff with no sense just for sales.

3 minutes ago, avilmask said:

Are you talking about Wormwood? How's he more random than Webber?

Also Wormwood is a first character with very different survival mechanics, I just can't dislike him.

well he is cool looking and has good mehanics but u cant just toss a character in game and i am talking about the 1 that got deleted and they are adding 3 more just like that 

I don't see your problem here. Do you think they are going to release the Hamlet characters? That's unlikely. Even after DST beta was over only ROG was added and Shipwrecked and Hamlet will still be exclusive to singleplayer. And it wouldn't make sense to keep the 4 new characters secret if they want to add Wilba and Wormwood. They will reuse old concepts and assets they hadn't found an appropiate place to put in, e.g. Wortox.

*remembers the moment when the Hamlet forum was suddenly full of "warbucks is dead" threads in less of 24hrs & the several times where Winona was called "plain, boring or a failure" by most people*

Yes, I got the point. I think Klei is trying to don't repeat some situations and that's why the new characters are being added slowly (to see the future opinions about it).

However, if any problem appears, I hope gets fixed soon. Time will tell.

57 minutes ago, axxel said:

I don't see your problem here. Do you think they are going to release the Hamlet characters? That's unlikely. Even after DST beta was over only ROG was added and Shipwrecked and Hamlet will still be exclusive to singleplayer. And it wouldn't make sense to keep the 4 new characters secret if they want to add Wilba and Wormwood. They will reuse old concepts and assets they hadn't found an appropiate place to put in, e.g. Wortox.

dont argue if u cant understand.

2 hours ago, thedude1320 said:

dont argue if u cant understand.

Remember to be courteous to others. This isn't a youtube comment section.

IMO, telling the devs "don't make bad characters" is useless. Klei has built up a lot of good will with me, so I don't see them Frankensteining some perks and negatives together and calling it a character. Besides, we're going to be getting a lot of new content (more content = more development time = lots of $$$ invested) which is funded SOLELY through the new characters. If Klei wants to come out with a net positive, they need a lot of people to buy the new characters. Klei can't really afford to make bad characters.

On 2/18/2019 at 3:09 PM, S19TealPenguin said:

IMO, telling the devs "don't make bad characters" is useless. Klei has built up a lot of good will with me, so I don't see them Frankensteining some perks and negatives together and calling it a character. Besides, we're going to be getting a lot of new content (more content = more development time = lots of $$$ invested) which is funded SOLELY through the new characters. If Klei wants to come out with a net positive, they need a lot of people to buy the new characters. Klei can't really afford to make bad characters.

This.
The new system will also allow that If a new character is not of your liking, you can just not purchase her/him/it. It is definitely in their best interest to make them interesting enough.
Whats happening on Hamlet can be seen as their experiment to get closer to the kind of character content that we want in DST as well. They know.

Also I believe this is part of the motivation to rebalance the other characters, If they are going to add new "Wickerbottoms" (I use her as an example of a resourceful, powerful, interesting character) they just want to everyone, both old and new characters, to be interesting enough and about on the same "power level" page. Otherwise a lot of people could feel cheated that they get a free "Winona" or a free "Willow" when you can purchase "Wickerbottom 2".
And if your budget doesn't allow you to purchase the new ones, or you just want to wait to weave/earn them, its gonna be fine too since you will have the roster of current characters to be about as powerful and fun as the new ones. I think this is their line of thinking on the matter, to completely avoid the P2W or dividing the community.

1 hour ago, thedude1320 said:

But you cant add characters that have no sens with lore....That is my point....

They're not adding random things (the content has been planned since a while), and I'm sure the new characters will fit well into the game.

18 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Otherwise a lot of people could feel cheated that they get a free "Winona" or a free "Willow" when you can purchase "Wickerbottom 2".

These are exactly my thoughts.

It is kinda the same in every other game with paid characters. You NEED to make the new characters powerful/interesting enough to make people be like "i want it". 

For me, Wortox seems extremely out of place at first glance, but we'll see... Maybe he becomes one of my favorites, i cannot know yet. 

For now Hamlet is in the right track, and i was one of those who thought Warbucks was not really an interesting character, but Wormwood and Wilba have good ideas on them. Can't wait to see the new ones! 

:wilson_ecstatic:

Archived