The Genuine Hamlet™ Experience

The devs weren't lying when they said that the DLC was way harder than previous Don't Starve™ experiences, but hey, I'm no quitter, so I've decided to catalogue my misadventures as I attempt to learn things the hard way as I try to reach my lofty goal of surviving all the way to the Aporkalypse:

First we have minor wildlife. Easily avoidable if precautions are taken.  

20190206211628_1.thumb.jpg.41662d3eec3218c5ce320e2dbe41f0ae.jpg

20190112190812_1.thumb.jpg.a069f56ce429e5e4ff63b38b5a9f56f5.jpg

Imagine the feeling of trying to ensure that you are as far away as possible from every Pog on the map, and yet coming back home and discovering that one of them still managed to get all the way to base and cause this mess... and eating all the pig skin too...

Then we have the BFB:
20190217223602_1.thumb.jpg.551e261228757da1d34ea791f29c8857.jpg

How is this supposed to be "friendly"?!
Will he ever leave if I run to the jungle, though?

Lastly, we have Rabid Beetles, which everyone complains about already so i'll not add further details:

20190207220117_1.thumb.jpg.5608fceb6df338935733093f9761d321.jpg

We can all agree - they need a nerf, and fast.

And we also have some very strange monarchs.

20190207220554_1.thumb.jpg.df6d6f67671ae1b447aa8996608a55d3.jpg

All in all, a very colorful experience.

I used to main Wickerbottom, but then, I took millions of bug bites to my knee, so i decided I couldn't take it anymore and mained my first main Wendy once more just so i could watch hordes of Rabid Beetles be crushed unter the wrath of Abigail. Suffice to say, things are going grimly after the destruction of my base via BFB (as seen above). However, I'm settling back to her playstyle very well, and once I get back to my base and rebuild it, I'm sure this Wendy run shall be my best.

Any other brutal, yet bizarre adventures like these?

Well you can avoid pogs and BFB's ruining your base by living in a pig house, cave or a temple. 

BFB Flies away if you go to the jungle or the town. 

Rabid beetles are fine as they are in my opinion because you can elininate them with bug b'gone really easly. 

1 minute ago, Hx380 said:

Well you can avoid pogs and BFB's ruining your base by living in a pig house, cave or a temple. 

Rabid beetles are fine as they are in my opinion because you can elininate them with bug b'gone really easly. 

i see. thank you for providing more solutions to my first two problems!

Though the third one is correct, beetles kills my framerate, esp bec i play on a low-spec laptop. This causes me to take ten bites when i stop to spray, or have my character glitch out and dash-dance and not spray at all and take twenty more bites. So i now primarily turn to Abby for assistance, though i do not forgo the Bug B'Gone when she's away.

19 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

20190112190812_1.thumb.jpg.a069f56ce429e5e4ff63b38b5a9f56f5.jpg

Imagine the feeling of trying to ensure that you are as far away as possible from every Pog on the map, and yet coming back home and discovering that one of them still managed to get all the way to base and cause this mess... and eating all the pig skin too...

Keep your Pig Skin in your Backpack or store it in Cork Barrels to keep it safe from Pogs.

Just imagine that you're playing DST and not DS and in DST there are Pogs (also known as Splumonkeys or Griefers) everywhere.

Yeah Hamlet gave me an opportunity to learn how to play something Don't Starve related without acquiring knowledge through the internet, it has been a blast for a while and it's crazy that new content is still on preparation, but after I survived my first lush season, sneezing and fighting the entire time in one sitting, only to die on day 35 or 36 by some pig guards because of a misclick, I released some of the pressure and disappointment by going on the wiki and as usual I don't regret everything because there are things I'd have simply never figured out by myself.

I tried Wendy for a while too but Abigail somehow activates traps in the ruins so it kinda broke the deal for me, I can only guess it'll be fixed some day.

3 hours ago, Hx380 said:

True, this was the case. But since the last update BFB once landed in the middle of a jungle, and second time he landed in the middle of a pig town o_O

I don't know if this is a bug, or is it intentional change?

6 minutes ago, voyager156 said:

True, this was the case. But since the last update BFB once landed in the middle of a jungle, and second time he landed in the middle of a pig town o_O

I don't know if this is a bug, or is it intentional change?

I have my base in the jungle so i can assure you he's not supposed to land there

3 hours ago, Hx380 said:

you can just be on any kind of city turf and the bfb will just fly away

After much suffering, i've decided to take a break once more

20190222141355_1.thumb.jpg.7a0275dcf94b1856f16367970821365f.jpg

After finally getting past Humid Season i began clearing out all these brambles with Abby.

But then i made i mismanaged dive to the Aporkalypse Ruins, and died miserably...

I gotta rest for a bit

I can get to day 70, sure, but not at this current time XD

Archived