wow hooo I love mant!

As image. I enjoyed ROG world like for 80 days, back to hamlet, Aporkalypse time. Went to calender, stopped it, and I continue playing. One day I walked into rainforest with a mant hill entrance there, Hundreds of mant warrior coming for me. I swear I am not making joke with console command. Help I am gonna lose my 280 days run now. 
#Considering this as a bug and I posted there also.

20190217144325_1.jpg

11 minutes ago, MWY said:

have you tried Bug Spray?

mant warrior have 300 health while bug spray only deals 50 per tick. And in this number of enemy, you can't do anything but die within 5 secs.

Opened god mode, clear them all. (using coconade cause the game stopped everytime, so I used normal weapon and pressed F...) just to save my run. Picking up 180+ monster meats. That means at least there's two to three hundreds mant warriors there ORZ.

Just now, aerotong said:

mant warrior have 300 health while bug spray only deals 50 per tick. And in this number of enemy, you can't do anything but die within 5 secs.

Opened god mode, clear them all. (using coconade cause the game stopped everytime, so I used normal weapon and pressed F...) just to save my run. Picking up 180+ monster meats. That means at least there's two to three hundreds mant warriors there ORZ.

I was just kidding :D there is no way you can kill this many numbers with anything 

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

Did their queen get murdered?:wilson_sneaky:

Nope...he just stole some honey...

2 hours ago, metallichydra said:

I actually have a suggestion: roc.

or build guard towers around them.

or just panflute them, then kite them 1 at a time

There are at least 150+ Warrior Mants here.

These guys do the same damage as Royal guards and have more health plus they attack faster.

You will need 100 Guard towers to at least out number these guy and resources required to do so are not easy to get,

The Pan Flute may work but you won't have enough time nor weapons to take care of them one by one
and I think if you attack one of them, the rest of them wake up and attack you right away.

And ROC takes too much time to just show up,

10 minutes ago, MWY said:

Nope...he just stole some honey...

There are at least 150+ Warrior Mants here.

These guys do the same damage as Royal guards and have more health plus they attack faster.

You will need 100 Guard towers to at least out number these guy and resources required to do so are not easy to get,

The Pan Flute may work but you won't have enough time nor weapons to take care of them one by one
and I think if you attack one of them, the rest of them wake up and attack you right away.

And ROC takes too much time to just show up,

then maybe pan flute + roc?

46 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

suggestions:

• TANK THEM!
  • roc
  • roc + panflute
  • kite them
  • panflute + gunpowder
  • gather a pig army
  • place pig guard towers near the mants
  • hire 10.000 guard pigs
  • wait for aporcalypse, and get ancient herald to kill them
  •  

just try Spawning 10 of these guys around your self and note down the time before you die.

On 2019/2/18 at 6:18 PM, metallichydra said:

suggestions:

• TANK THEM!
  • roc
  • roc + panflute
  • kite them
  • panflute + gunpowder
  • gather a pig army
  • place pig guard towers near the mants
  • hire 10.000 guard pigs
  • wait for aporcalypse, and get ancient herald to kill them
  •  

TANK THEM! - You can't attack once you got stun locked (five is enough to stun lock you forever), even if your health is infinite.
ROC - ROC means BFB right? (the big bird?) Mant warriors are in rainforest, and even if I kite them out, BFB are stepping too slow. I am playing Willow with walking cane (+25%) and warriors actually run faster than me.
KITE THEM - spawn 50 warriors around you and kite them, record it for me. Then I will delete my "Don't Starve". 
Panflute + gunpowder - the problem is you can't play your pan flute (you need 3-4 seconds to play the flute). And I played this in godmode, only one-third of them sleeping but others still chasing me. I don't know why. Also you can't light your gunpowder on floor cause your screen is all covered by them. Tried coconade, everytime I throw into them, my game crashed. My PC is relatively high-stats already.
Guard tower - for your reference, pig guards won't attack mant warriors, even the warriors attack you, unless you hire them all. That means building 100 towers near a mant hill won't help anything.

The only suggestion here I haven't tried if the ancient herald. I don't know if it attacks the warriors, but I'm pretty sure a poor herald can't kill 10 warriors, but I have hundreds.

My suggestion -> Treat it as a bug, GODMODE THEM. just throw the items out if you don't wanna break the balance of your game.

37 minutes ago, aerotong said:

TANK THEM! - You can't attack once you got stun locked (five is enough to stun lock you forever), even if your health is infinite.
ROC - ROC means BFB right? (the big bird?) Mant warriors are in rainforest, and even if I kite them out, BFB are stepping too slow. I am playing Willow with walking cane (+25%) and warriors actually run faster than me.
KITE THEM - spawn 50 warriors around you and kite them, record it for me. Then I will delete my "Don't Starve". 
Panflute + gunpowder - the problem is you can't play your pan flute (you need 3-4 seconds to play the flute). And I played this in godmode, only one-third of them sleeping but others still chasing me. I don't know why. Also you can't light your gunpowder on floor cause your screen is all covered by them. Tried coconade, everytime I throw into them, my game crashed. My PC is relatively high-stats already.
Guard tower - for your reference, pig guards won't attack mant warriors, even the warriors attack you, unless you hire them all. That means building 100 towers near a mant hill won't help anything.

The only suggestion here I haven't tried if the ancient herald. I don't know if it attacks the warriors, but I'm pretty sure a poor herald can't kill 10 warriors, but I have hundreds.

My suggestion -> Treat it as a bug, GODMODE THEM. just throw the items out if you don't wanna break the balance of your game.

ancient herald has AoE attack, right?

30 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

ancient herald has AoE attack, right?

Yes he does, but...wouldn't we have even MORE mants during Aporkalypse? cause Herlad only spawns during that time.

and even then the mants are tooo many and and will kill the herlad before he can perform more then 3 attacks.

Also I've forgot about this but, 3 to 4 Ice Flingomatic deployed around a grass/flower field

and the said field is on fire causing the Flingomatics to toss snowballs continuously like how it happens in DST when you want to solo the Toadstool.

get the mants in the middle of the field and pick them off one by one as all of them get continuously frozen.

this might work but their numbers will still overwhelm this tactic. 

Just now, metallichydra said:

weevoles? just plant a lot of grass, and hope the weevoles will kill the mants (this is gonna take some time)

flytraps? get some there, maybe protected by some kind of wall. it will spawn snap tooth seedlings.

Fly traps will definitely work.
they eat 1 meat and become a higher tier snap tooth which resets their health.

However you will need equal numbers which is achievable easily without using any form of commands/cheats etc,

Mants always prioritise attacking Snaptooth.

weevoles on the otherhand...they are the weakest mob right after glow flies in Hamlet.

10 minutes ago, MWY said:

However you will need equal numbers which is achievable easily without using any form of commands/cheats etc,

weevoles on the otherhand...they are the weakest mob right after glow flies in Hamlet.

so dung beetles is stronger than weevoles?!?

5 hours ago, MWY said:

No they won't work if in this number of mant warriors. Flytrap got extinct easily just because of the overwhelming beetles (which is only 30-50 per season)

5 hours ago, Hx380 said:

Just spawn the anciet guardian and make him charge into mants. 

Remove him after the job is done

Better just open Godmode and clear them. I hope Klei solve these overwhelming problems (both beetles and mant warriors) when the game actually release on April, cause I really don't like using console command on my normal playthrough.

1 minute ago, aerotong said:

No they won't work if in this number of mant warriors. Flytrap got extinct easily just because of the overwhelming beetles (which is only 30-50 per season)

well of course they won't, but if you increase their numbers intentionally then it will work.

Snap Tooth however are the ONLY mob in the game that seem to have a special kind of cap on them preventing them from over populating
no matter what.

you can however over populate them by yourself however 

11 minutes ago, MWY said:

well of course they won't, but if you increase their numbers intentionally then it will work.

Snap Tooth however are the ONLY mob in the game that seem to have a special kind of cap on them preventing them from over populating
no matter what.

you can however over populate them by yourself however 

I know I can, but not at the level of hundreds flytrap. Pretty sure 20 or 50 flytraps won't help this situation.

22 minutes ago, aerotong said:

Better just open Godmode and clear them. I hope Klei solve these overwhelming problems (both beetles and mant warriors) when the game actually release on April, cause I really don't like using console command on my normal playthrough.

But its more fun this way xD

Archived