Hamlet Seasons Ideas

I was thinking of adittional ideals for seasonal Hamlet content and I really wanted to post them, so here they are:

HUMID SEASON: 

Platipine mating season: The little guys spawn 2x as often form Lotus Flowers, and they are agressive. They shake their quills off, giving them have an AoE attack. 

In the middle of the Lily Pond biome, you can find a Platipine Den. When dug up with a Shovel, the player is able to enter it. They descend to rooms that are similar to the Mant Hill, but are much smaller and have a blueish tint. Platapine Quills, Manure, Rocks and angry Platipines are scattered about. In the heart of the Den, there is an Egg Room, this is the only room with natural shafts of light, and there are many nests with eggs in there. One can harvest the nests to obtain teeny tiny Platapine Eggs, that can be cooked, eaten, and used in the crockpot to make a caviar of sorts, like in SW. In the last day of Humid season, the eggs hatch, and many Platipine babies emerge from the nest! Killing them gives 50 naughtiness each, and each one drops a morsel. Be careful though, since there will be many angry parents protecting their young! 

In the first day of Lush season, the Den colapses.

Lotus Flowers enter blooming season, which means their colors are brighter,they have bright yellow stems and they are full of Flower Nectar! Eating the Bloomed Lotus Flowers gives more sanity and health than their not bloomed counter part. They have a special crockpot recipe, Lotus Juice (1 flower, one ice, no meat or fish) or Lotus Vinagrette (1 flower, 1 vegetable). They both heal 25 HP and restore 15 Sanity and 20 Hunger. The Flower Nectar mentioned earlier can be used in the crockpot and count as half a unit of sweetner  or to make Honey in Honey Chests. They stack with normal Nectar just like Pig Skin stacks with Pig Skin?.

Lamp posts and lanterns cut through the fog, making the visibility problem of fog less of a bother and a further incentive to base in the Hamlet.

Areas around the pond become flooded and spawn Mosquitoes.

LUSH SEASON:

Picking Exotic Flowers give 1 one Flower Nectar each. Glowflies become covered in polen (this purely aesthetic), Great Leafy Stalks and Flytraps bloom (they both get flowers), being near ANY flowers (including the blooming stalks and flytraps) accelerates Hay Fever. New Exotic Flowers spawn as the season continues.

NEW SEASON: DROUGHT SEASON

Just like Summer or Dry season, the temperature rises to points of it becoming deadly. Oscilating Fans lower your temperature. The only plants that grow are Tall Grass (not normal grass tufts), although this can be remedied by the use of Sprinklers. Pigs have fans inside of shops, and the Palace and City Hall have ACs. Ponds dry out, and structures become can be built inside of it, although they will be destroyed when the Pond fills up again. I'm also thinking Hippotamoose mating season, where they will act like Beefalo in heat. (hahaha, heat)

In the end of this season, a BIG thunderstorm appears. Day will be as dark as Dusk and Dusk will be as dark as Night. The rain will be very strong, making all withered plants grow almost instantly, and filling the Pond back up. There's plenty of lighting and strong winds. Temperature drops. Maybe add a weather boss.

NEW MECHANIC ONLY PRESENT IN DROUGHT SEASON: SHADE

Some times during daytime,the intense sunlight will become even stronger. Temperatures rise. If there is anything flammable around either a Magnifying Glass or a Empty Bottle, they will burn. If food that can be dried on a Drying Rack will turn into their dry forms if they stay more than on minute on the ground. Wild fires. Only the lower part of the screen will be visible, the other being blinded by sunlight. This can be avoided if the player uses a hat, Umbrella, or Eyebrella, stands under a house, tree, or any "big" structure, if they are standing under a craftable structure called the Parasol or if they are on the Deep Rainforest or indoors.

Congratulations if you read this far.

4 minutes ago, SkylordElberich said:

I gotta say, these are some good ideas. But one question; if ponds are dried out, how are sprinklers gonna work?

Oof, you got a point. Maybe just have little bit of water left in the pond.

2 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

One thing I think about the Drought Season idea is that rather than structures built on the dried up Lily Pond being completely destroyed when it fills back up, they would become flooded and unusable, like in Monsoon Season in SW.

Now that you mentioned it, thta's a really good idea. I just fought the pond was deep and the structures would be completely covered in water, but they are pretty shallow now that I think about it.

3 minutes ago, PriscaMitica said:

Oof, you got a point. Maybe just have little bit of water left in the pond.

Now that you mentioned it, thta's a really good idea. I just fought the pond was deep and the structures would be completely covered in water, but they are pretty shallow now that I think about it.

Yeah, seeing that you can use a simple fishing rod to fish out Lost Relics, it mustn't be that deep.

Rabid Beetles are cool and all, the problem is that they come in such big numbers that FPS drops even in good computers and they kill everything that dares to approach them, making Flytaps, Hippotamooses and the like extinct. I'm not ashamed to say I always turn them off in World Settings.

Hamlet climate is like a rainforest. Honestly, I think a drought would fit. But Lush season was a cool idea and it doesn't resemble Summer/Dry season not to much. If I think of that 'season' logic, there should be a season after Lush that is especially dangerous? It doesn't have to be a climatic change.

I googled a bit and found the "Mud season". It's an inofficial season between winter and spring but if you look at the mud chaos in tropical areas it would fit in Hamlet (and because of pigs;)). I would place it between Humid and Lush season. Its perk.... uhm I dunno. Mud holes are everywhere and if you go in one you covered in dirt or get stuck (like Ewecus' snot). Items would get dirty and <put negative effect here> and dirty food just make you loose sanity (unless you are wormwood). Caves and Ruin are now more dangerous because mud can fall on you. Sparkling ponds are useless now. A good point to have this season might the fact that the softened ground brings up some treasuries and minerals up you can dig up. After the season had ended the mud holes disappear and and some mud dried up that can be mined.

I didn't get this idea until I saw this thread.

1 hour ago, axxel said:

I googled a bit and found the "Mud season". It's an inofficial season between winter and spring but if you look at the mud chaos in tropical areas it would fit in Hamlet (and because of pigs;)). I would place it between Humid and Lush season. Its perk.... uhm I dunno. Mud holes are everywhere and if you go in one you covered in dirt or get stuck (like Ewecus' snot). Items would get dirty and <put negative effect here> and dirty food just make you loose sanity (unless you are wormwood). Caves and Ruin are now more dangerous because mud can fall on you. Sparkling ponds are useless now. A good point to have this season might the fact that the softened ground brings up some treasuries and minerals up you can dig up. After the season had ended the mud holes disappear and and some mud dried up that can be mined.

This is really a good idea! Something unique and interesting :)

Thta's a really good suggestion! I was brainstorming ideas that would fit a tropical rainforest, and droughts came to mind, but a mud season would also be very appropiate and, like the other seasons in HAM, wouldn't be a rehash of Spring or Summer.

Archived