Oxygen generator acting weird again?

That's not the issue. If you look to the right, he's got a second electrolyzer that is only in hydrogen.  The 'fix' would be to open that door betwen the two electrolyzers and let the oxygen spread.  Once there's oxygen near the second electrolyzer, it'll start producing oxygen again.

14 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

That's not the issue. If you look to the right, he's got a second electrolyzer that is only in hydrogen.  The 'fix' would be to open that door betwen the two electrolyzers and let the oxygen spread.  Once there's oxygen near the second electrolyzer, it'll start producing oxygen again.

He'll need to fix it too

Just now, The Plum Gate said:

He needs a third o2 pump.

Only if he's trying to maximize for oxygen per electrolyzer.  All he really needs is a atmo sensor connected to the hydrogen fan to keep the hydrogen pressure around 500 to 800g per square.  Then his fans can run 10/7 pumping a combined 1000g/s of O2 into his base.  His setup should run just fine once he's reduced the hydrogen pressure and allowed the O2 to touch both electrolyzers.

I've used this method before, though my design was a little more robust.  Basically I use two electrolyzers and three fans.  One pumps only H2, sorted by the natural separation as H2 rises above the O2.  The other two pump either a continuous 500g/s each or pump any time more O2 is needed.  The electrolyzers don't have to produce at maximum rate to guarantee a steady 1000g/s O2, so long as the H2 pressure never rises so high that it covers the entire electrolyzer.

I don't mean to go off topic but this is the main reason I don't use electrolyzers and perfer terrariums.

1.  When used properly with deodorizers it's more cost effective with water

2.  Almost no power requirements unless you count the 10W for lamps to give the 10% O2 boost

3.  Heat averages around 30C so no need for cooling

Point one other thing out -

The electrolyzer on the right is broken and can't run. It needs to be either repaired or re-constructed.

The electrolyzer on the left is also breaking.

There are a lot of things that can make a machine break, the most common ones in this case might be, let's say, something other than water got in your supply pipe. And since you mention it stopped "again" and there's nowhere to mop - Maybe last time, your electrolyzer got some pwater in it, the pwater dumped on the ground, breaking the electrolyzer and making a mess. This time the machine is just broken and that's why it won't run.

what is your gas pressure sensor on the left set to? (that controls pumping H2)

Your 2nd oxygen pump on the right is continuing to pump gas away without any automation... because that electrolyzer is broken, you keep pumping hydrogen away and there's very little H2 pressure.

Attach the savefile for more concrete answers.

4 minutes ago, ProfMembrane said:

The problem is that I have sensor for my pumps, and as you can see, it's registering basically nothing, it's practically in vaccum, why is the hydrogen no flowing from the immense  concentration to where it's very sparse?

The pumps will pull a vacuum around them - it takes space to ensure that you don't foul sensor data.  Move the sensor. 

guys look carefully. broken electrolyzer. Hydrogen is exiting from the bottom right. There is very little hydrogen in there because the 1 running electrolyzer is making less than the maximum of 111 g/s H2, and that pump on the bottom right is pumping continuously.

12 minutes ago, avc15 said:

Point one other thing out -

The electrolyzer on the right is broken and can't run. It needs to be either repaired or re-constructed.

The electrolyzer on the left is also breaking.

Hah. You're right.  Looking at the tooltips, I see a lot of negative temperatures.  A thermal overlay might be useful -- it could be the water is freezing in the internal reservoirs of the electrolyzers before it gets processed.

55 minutes ago, ProfMembrane said:

1. I did study that, that's why I made it like that in the first place

2. you really don't have to be such a **** about it.

1- I constructed SPOMs over 100 bases before trying to buy mine concept.

2- Did it offend you? Its just a tip! To know how to set things properly in this game is better read. A lot. Them try. A lot. Them finally you can start understanding how things work and you'll manage to build your own designs.

These people that are trying to help you considerably know more of things than you and me about this game. So listen up and try to find whats the problem with your concept. Most of times we did something wrong and didnt know it, not that the building is acting weird.

13 hours ago, ProfMembrane said:

1. I did study that, that's why I made it like that in the first place

2. you really don't have to be such a **** about it.

chill. looking back at his post I can say the only attitude was a correct one of study harder from someone who has been through this. 

I would recommend watching youtube plays for ideas or maybe take a break and play something else for awhile. I learned a lot from watching Aaavak, GrindThisGame, Brothgar as well as Lifegrow.

I struggled a lot with a spom and more with the wasted hydrogen from running a gen while the battery is full. eventually I ended up with something that pleases me; in fact 3 of these units provide o2 for 28 dupes with a large enough bank of 19 exosuits. The H2 generated is enough to run 5 hydrogen gens as part of a power system with some going to storage for later use in rockets.  The best thing ever? I seriously doubt it.  It meets my goals and is dead easy to build in survival even when I only have sandstone for insulated tiles (although i love ceramic lol)

I included my latest save in the event you or someone else wants to look in more detail.  **warning** my bases grow organically so to speak and i do not suffer from OCD, lol.  

something i'm a touch proud of in this base is using the output of toilets/showers to cool the pool of water around the thermal aquatuner that is in turn ensuring the water in the base pool is a nice chilly 50F

snp1.png

Don't Panic.sav

Archived