[MODS] Etiam's Modpack

Etiam's Modpack

After a long delay I've decided to resurrect my modpack that was previously known as MaterialColor. Luckily the mods were kept alive under javisar's wings and now with Harmony and the ModLoader everything is so much easier to manage.

modpack_preview

This modpack requires the javisar's ModLoader

Detailed informations, previews and download can be found on my repository:

Etiam's ONI Modpack @ GitHub

Or you can use this direct link:

Download

Issues, requests and bug reports should be kept on GitHub Issues, but lets not be too strict about it ;)

You can also reach me out on Discord:

EtiamTinciduntNullam#4455

Any feedback is much appreciated.

If anyone used "RemoveDailyReports" previously - please install updated version - there was a possible crash on viewing old reports (After removing mod).

Sorry for the trouble.

EDIT: added info about "RemoveDailyReports" mod on in the repo - it might be useful if you experience long freezes in late-game worlds, up to 25% saving time reduction.

50 minutes ago, DevilmanUK said:

Did you make some changes to the meterial colors?  Gold metal tiles look a lot more "pale" and "washed out" compared to the older color, not sure I like it so much, it's not as visually obvious what it's made from anymore :(

Felt the same myself, I actually ended up going back to the old version because I liked the colors better.  Found it too hard to differentiate materials with the new colors.  Specifically iron/gold which are both very common.  I found it hard to tell the difference without them right next to each other.

Also the gas colors mod seems a litlte weird for me.  I'm using the previous version that was available, and the new one seems to have a very large delay when scrolling around the screen with the gas overlay active.  

@Nitroturtle

@DevilmanUK

2 hours ago, DevilmanUK said:

Did you make some changes to the meterial colors?  Gold metal tiles look a lot more "pale" and "washed out" compared to the older color, not sure I like it so much, it's not as visually obvious what it's made from anymore :(

1 hour ago, Nitroturtle said:

Felt the same myself, I actually ended up going back to the old version because I liked the colors better.  Found it too hard to differentiate materials with the new colors.  Specifically iron/gold which are both very common.  I found it hard to tell the difference without them right next to each other.

Sorry to hear that, and yes I did a lot of changes to the MaterialColor mod.

If you're talking only about the tiles it's the result of merging how tile and buildings are handled, I'll try to improve it soon.

If you meant the colors of the buildings - I lowered the default intensity after the feedback about colors being too intensive ;D I guess I can't get it right for everyone, so I think I'll release this mod with several presets.

Also you might like the default color scheme without my overrides  - Simply delete directory ElementColors from MaterialColor/Config. It will look like this:

image.thumb.png.4555ab6098f3b0af7f205308eae92308.png

1 hour ago, Nitroturtle said:

Also the gas colors mod seems a litlte weird for me.  I'm using the previous version that was available, and the new one seems to have a very large delay when scrolling around the screen with the gas overlay active.  

I'm working on the optimization of the gas overlay right now.

EDIT: @Nitroturtle Actually if you mean the "fading" when you look first time at a certain area - I already fixed it, and it will be released soon. This is caused by the new feature: smooth transition between colors - you can try tweaking InterpFactor in GasOverlay/Config.json to change how quickly the colors change (more = faster change, values in 0-1 range).

EDIT2: You can change all config values while the game is running, without restarting it.

4 hours ago, Etiam said:

Sorry to hear that, and yes I did a lot of changes to the MaterialColor mod.

If you're talking only about the tiles it's the result of merging how tile and buildings are handled, I'll try to improve it soon.

If you meant the colors of the buildings - I lowered the default intensity after the feedback about colors being too intensive ;D I guess I can't get it right for everyone, so I think I'll release this mod with several presets.

Also you might like the default color scheme without my overrides  - Simply delete directory ElementColors from MaterialColor/Config.

Yeh I was mainly speaking of the look of the metal tiles now (most noticeably gold ones), which I guess is a result of the change of intensity. I kinda liked the old look, it was much brighter and more "obvious" it was gold :)

I tried using a previous version bug I just get black-holes, so that option is out for me.  Perhaps it would be possible to add an intensity variable to the config so people could tweak it to their own liking? 

Either way, loving the mods (I use GasOverlay too)  :D 

New update. Most notable changes:

• GasOverlay:
    • Actually use proper color for gases, so Polluted Oxygen and Sour Gas looks better (Thanks to @Cairath)
    • Removed weird "fade-in" effect on newly seen tiles in GasOverlay (@Nitroturtle Let me know if that was the issue you had with it)
    • MInor optimization - ~10% render time reduction on gas cells and ~60% on non-gas cells)
  • Added ClearRegolith mod, that removes 90% of stored regolith every time you load a save - its available from the Tools directory, as I don't see it viable for regular use.

Yeh I was mainly speaking of the look of the metal tiles now (most noticeably gold ones), which I guess is a result of the change of intensity. I kinda liked the old look, it was much brighter and more "obvious" it was gold :)

Yea I'm aware of this issue and I've got an idea how to tackle it ;)

I tried using a previous version bug I just get black-holes, so that option is out for me.  Perhaps it would be possible to add an intensity variable to the config so people could tweak it to their own liking?

Well, I was going to add intensity to the config, sadly I don't think its viable anymore after I added two separate color modes to the config in ElementColors to allow brighter colors (previous were very limited in terms of brightness).

You can also try fiddling with the ElementColors themselves: just go to MaterialColor/Config/ElementColors and edit some values, just like others config files changes are reflected shortly in the game after you save the file.

Either way, loving the mods (I use GasOverlay too)  :D 

Thanks!

Sorry, I've accidentally messed up scaling of the gas based on the pressure, fixed it now.

EDIT:

Further improved GasOverlay:

image.thumb.png.a1b40aae491f6cca7020c212a90f58aa.png

• Improved rendering method - might look a bit different than what you were used to
  • Reduced render time by additional ~25% (Less FPS impact)
  • Simplified code a lot

Gas overlay looks great now.  My only complaint is that high pressure NG looks too much like PO2.  Other than that it looks really nice now, I like the smoothing.

I'm still not a fan of the MaterialColor updates.  I tried removing the color overrides, and it's better, once I add mesh/airflow tiles to the include list in the config. But, I'm still not digging the colors as much as the old ones.  I tried doing my own color setup by importing my previous color values, but didn't have much luck for some reason.  I'll have to mess with it some more.

I'm also trying to add a custom value for your report mod.  I tried rebuilding it after changing the number of reports to keep to 50, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working.  If this value could be configurable, that would be great.  I often go back more than 5 reports, but I don't think I'd ever need more than 50 personally.

Thanks for all your work!

edit:  Never mind on reports not being removed.  Thought it would happen immediately when I loaded the save, but I see it does it overnight and it is indeed working now and keeping 50 days.

Some new changes:

• Added the Custom Temperature Overlay, allows for custom temperature ranges and colors, comes with preset that extends the ranges of vanilla overlay, so both extreme low and high temperature are more distinguishable.
  • Further changes to the GasOverlay tweaked the ear pop pressure colors, most notably: CO2, PO2 and Natural Gas.

Preview of: O2, PO2 and Natural Gas:

image.thumb.png.7f72387ba0484e229c40dc15128c55c5.png

Preview of most gases in the game at various pressures (with GasOverlay):

image.thumb.png.a91d82bd0a058177a221ad7507011786.png

@Nitroturtle

9 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:

Gas overlay looks great now.  My only complaint is that high pressure NG looks too much like PO2.  Other than that it looks really nice now, I like the smoothing.

You're right - they looked very similar. I hope you will like the changes. Thanks!

I'm still not a fan of the MaterialColor updates.  I tried removing the color overrides, and it's better, once I add mesh/airflow tiles to the include list in the config. But, I'm still not digging the colors as much as the old ones.  I tried doing my own color setup by importing my previous color values, but didn't have much luck for some reason.  I'll have to mess with it some more.

Can u be more specific what is wrong with it? I hope I'll improve it soon though. Sadly config is not compatible with the old version out-of-box but I can port the old color scheme if you want :p

I'm also trying to add a custom value for your report mod.  I tried rebuilding it after changing the number of reports to keep to 50, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working.  If this value could be configurable, that would be great.  I often go back more than 5 reports, but I don't think I'd ever need more than 50 personally.

Thanks for all your work!

edit:  Never mind on reports not being removed.  Thought it would happen immediately when I loaded the save, but I see it does it overnight and it is indeed working now and keeping 50 days.

I'll definitely add a config for it, Yes they are cleared at night, about time when new report is added. I'm glad you managed to work it out though ;)

16 minutes ago, Etiam said:

Some new changes:

• Added the Custom Temperature Overlay, allows for custom temperature ranges and colors, comes with preset that extends the ranges of vanilla overlay, so both extreme low and high temperature are more distinguishable.
  • Further changes to the GasOverlay tweaked the ear pop pressure colors, most notably: CO2, PO2 and Natural Gas.

Preview of: O2, PO2 and Natural Gas:

image.thumb.png.7f72387ba0484e229c40dc15128c55c5.png

Preview of most gases in the game at various pressures (with GasOverlay):

image.thumb.png.a91d82bd0a058177a221ad7507011786.png

@Nitroturtle

You're right - they looked very similar. I hope you will like the changes. Thanks!

Can u be more specific what is wrong with it? I hope I'll improve it soon though. Sadly config is not compatible with the old version out-of-box but I can port the old color scheme if you want :p

I'll definitely add a config for it, Yes they are cleared at night, about time when new report is added. I'm glad you managed to work it out though ;)

i try 500 Kg PO2 And 500 Chlorine, their colour look the same

Gases look better to me with EarPopChange at 0.15.  At the default 0.25, high pressure hydrogen looks blue, high pressure steam looks pink, and high pressure NG still looks a little too yellow for me.  But at 0.15 those all look good.  Only one I'm still seeing off at this setting is high pressure chlorine looks a little like polluted O2.

I'm still playing around with the ElementColors config.  I think the colors are far too subtle now, especially for metal tiles.  I managed to get those back to how they were by using the old color values and turning on darkmode.  I liked the old brownish/red color for igneous tiles better, and I had actually added a very similar red for mafic in my old config.  Mafic looks too much like obsidian in the standard config.

But my main issue with it is how subtle the colors are now.  Many of them I can't tell apart unless they are next to each other.  Here's a shot of some tiles where I alternate iron/gold on left and iron ore/gold amalgam on the right.  

Spoiler

20190124235020_1.thumb.jpg.8804bb781857b929cbfd81b8e26f4e6f.jpg

I think part of the issue is that the game colors things differently based on biome.  In that screenshot, you can see the edge of the biome and how it colors the right most 3-4 mesh tiles differently.  This is much more obvious on a larger scale, check out this area I filled with all granite tiles.

Spoiler

20190125000748_1.thumb.jpg.0eb9f43d8f4ddc1d90d5c6d8ad19c61a.jpg

I feel like the more pronounced colors helped tell the materials apart better.  I also preferred having a float for the brightness instead of the darkmode switch.  It does look like I can probably fix most of it through messing with the config though, but I wanted to provide some more feedback.  Really love the mod though, thanks for all your work! :)

14 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

Gases look better to me with EarPopChange at 0.15.  At the default 0.25, high pressure hydrogen looks blue, high pressure steam looks pink, and high pressure NG still looks a little too yellow for me.  But at 0.15 those all look good.  Only one I'm still seeing off at this setting is high pressure chlorine looks a little like polluted O2.

Sorry. I have changed the config (like 4h ago) and you probably didn't update it :p Default for "EarPopChange" is now 0.2.

Just pushed a minor fix, so colors won't overflow.

25 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

I'm still playing around with the ElementColors config.  I think the colors are far too subtle now, especially for metal tiles.  I managed to get those back to how they were by using the old color values and turning on darkmode.  I liked the old brownish/red color for igneous tiles better, and I had actually added a very similar red for mafic in my old config.  Mafic looks too much like obsidian in the standard config.

But my main issue with it is how subtle the colors are now.  Many of them I can't tell apart unless they are next to each other.  Here's a shot of some tiles where I alternate iron/gold on left and iron ore/gold amalgam on the right.

[...]

I feel like the more pronounced colors helped tell the materials apart better.  I also preferred having a float for the brightness instead of the darkmode switch.  It does look like I can probably fix most of it through messing with the config though, but I wanted to provide some more feedback.

"DarkMode" is how previous version (on javisar's repo and before) handled all the buildings and tiles, I recently noticed there are two modes how color is applied in the game, and I find the new one more useful for tinting buildings, as long as you don't want to achieve a dimmed or some darker shade.

In "DarkMode" 0,0,0 is black, 1,1,1 is default

in not "DarkMode" 0,0,0 is default, 1,1,1 is white.

You can easily achieve something like this:

image.png.35e37a4a4ac9e01811bf8671e684f876.png

Which makes all buildings scream at you what they are made from :p

Like I said before I'm planning to create few color schemes, so you won't need to change the config yourself if you don't want to create your custom scheme.

Currently disregard the tile colors - the problem with them is tiles don't have these two modes, so they always work in the "DarkMode". I hope I will be able to do something about it.

28 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

I think part of the issue is that the game colors things differently based on biome.  In that screenshot, you can see the edge of the biome and how it colors the right most 3-4 mesh tiles differently.  This is much more obvious on a larger scale, check out this area I filled with all granite tiles.

Yea, that's true, luckily @Cairath is working on a mod that removes that pesky biome tint! :p

35 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

Really love the mod though, thanks for all your work! :)

You're welcome and thanks for such extensive feedback!

Another update:

image.thumb.png.328b80052456985f24223530cfe018e5.png

image.thumb.png.d95606c123799a4a4063b738123ef45e.png

• ...And made it configurable here:
MaterialColor/Config/Config.json
  • Sadly I switched to one config file for MaterialColor's ElementColors, previous config won't work unless you merge these files, it is now located under:
MaterialColor/Config/ElementColors.json
  • Made colors of non-gases configurable via NotGasColor in 
GasOverlay/Config.json
  • ...and tweaked it a bit.
  • Many other improvements that you won't feel but make future modding easier for me

10 hours ago, LordAizen said:

@Etiam I really like the gasoverlay mod. I was wondering if there's a way to change the color of non-gas objects (solids&liquids) to the default? for me the different gas colors would look even prettier with the black background.

Thx! I think it looks okay with a bit lighter "background" for the gas overlay :p Either way I made it configurable, see above.

EDIT: It looks like modpack doesnt work with latest version of modloader, so use this one for now:

https://github.com/javisar/ONI-Modloader/blob/f51feededa428de778ef1cb28a208fb73de6123c/Managed/ModLoader.dll

Archived