Algae Terrarium water source

14 hours ago, GoHereDoThis said:

Aside from "harvesting" the polluted water on other biomes and the toilets, what other way to get polluted water?

Off the top of my head, things that create polluted water or convert clean water to polluted are sinks (both piped and not), showers, piped toilets, carbon scrubbers, natural gas generators, petroleum generators, the things that turn slime into algae, slush geyser, polluted water geyser and terrariums. I'm sure I missed a couple. 

1 hour ago, GoHereDoThis said:

@NeotuckHow do you set it up to open the trap doors so that the bottles don't off-gas on the  top level of the terrarium area?

the mech doors and pump is wired together with automation 

when the doors close water is pumped up to the terrariums

when dupes empty the terrariums there's a layer of water keeping the PW bottles from off-gassing

when the doors open the pump turns off, both the water and PW bottles drop down, water passes though the mesh tiles and the bottles start off-gassing into the deodorizers 

I was worried about the PWater bottles off-gassing while they're at the terrarium level but I guess that won't happen once there's a layer of water on the ground?  Then the doors open, everything falls through, the water goes past the mesh floor, then the PWater bottle can off-gas, correct?

14 minutes ago, GoHereDoThis said:

I was worried about the PWater bottles off-gassing while they're at the terrarium level but I guess that won't happen once there's a layer of water on the ground?  Then the doors open, everything falls through, the water goes past the mesh floor, then the PWater bottle can off-gas, correct?

Correct. 

Archived