Proxillus

Q.O.L - Fence + Strong winds.

Proxillus    2

Since the new quality of life update came out and introduced fence and other nice Don't Starve Together additions, how will the fences interact with strong winds? I wanted to make my pen for the Doydoys, but I'm not sure if the strong winds will break down the fence.

• Like 1

FreyaMaluk    1,291
52 minutes ago, Proxillus said:

Since the new quality of life update came out and introduced fence and other nice Don't Starve Together additions, how will the fences interact with strong winds? I wanted to make my pen for the Doydoys, but I'm not sure if the strong winds will break down the fence.

this is something I pushed back in SW days and I completely understand your worry. tbh it makes no sense wooden structures break so much and so fast with strong winds cuz irl they aren't as delicate and in SW.

IMO wooden structures shouldn't break at all with strong winds, this includes fences as well. 

• Like 2

Angel_Octoling    820
On 1/11/2019 at 12:46 AM, FreyaMaluk said:

tbh it makes no sense wooden structures break so much and so fast with strong winds cuz irl they aren't as delicate and in SW.

But...But... This isn't just regular old wind... It's Constant Wind.
Like, people get here through books and machines evil radios told you to make, who's to say that the wind isn't like, insanely powerful, and the DS cast has really sticky feet only when needed? Huh?!

Spoiler

I don't think fences break to wind, though.

• Haha 1

Majestix    88

The simplest and one of the most efficient Doydoy pen designs is to have 3 sides made of stone walls and one side delimited by ocean, and to have two rafts where one of the walls meets the water. You can get in and out of the pen by hopping over the rafts.

• Like 1

GetNerfedOn    493

i always thought all kinds of walls took damage from Strong Winds, so i just immediately "store" all my Doydoys on a small island near base... This is enlightening, thanks.