Does building seem waaaaaaaaay slower to you?

It seems to take appreciatively longer to build pretty much every item right now. This build is really just frustrating me. I feel like this build is suddenly super grindy, when none of the others felt frustrating in this way before. I haven't even been able to get to the oil, much less far enough to play with the new features!  I've been watching my dupes try to hook up a system of Nullifier, Gas System, Electrolizer, Waterpump by Geyser for 1.5 HOURS at Max Speed. The ice biome and steam vent are only about 50 tiles apart. This does not seem normal to me. I've lost 6 bases (out of 7 worldseeds) to running out of air in 14 days (about 200 cycles each base on easy mode!). 2 were lost to starvation due to heat death from the Electrolizers being built inside the base (no amount of wheezeworts seemed sufficient even with an insulated farm), 3 while setting up in an ice biome WITHOUT a nullifier also resulting in heat death. 1 was slowed by pumping all the hydrogen out of the area into gas tanks, but I eventually couldn't get enough water to keep making oxygen. Incidentally, I also seem to be having no luck trying to run it off of refined slime. That system is taking just as long because no amount of pills, medbeds, etc seems to be enough to prevent my entire workforce getting slimelung at the same time, thus the suffocation of base 7.

TLDR: Game is now too grindy.

Not slow per definition. But i noticed some side-effects with the current version. 

Prior it was absolutely no problem to open chrome while playing. Now, Chrome (browser) sometimes goes into neraly freeze, while ONI is runnig. Its not even half of a second, but its nioticable. 

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Not slow per definition. But i noticed some side-effects with the current version. 

Prior it was absolutely no problem to open chrome while playing. Now, Chrome (browser) sometimes goes into neraly freeze, while ONI is runnig. Its not even half of a second, but its nioticable. 

Chrome has always been a problem for me when playing ONI since Oil upgrade. If you have mutilple (4+) tabs opened, then ONI starts to lag, FPS drops. I'm guessing it is due to the single-thread nature of ONI and Chrome consuming a lot ot CPU power.

Archived