Jet suits and exo suits?

Dupes seem to treat them as the same thing; all the jet suits being used means the exo suit dupes walk right past the checkpoint, and on the way back they drop off their exo suits. Is there a way to use them both? Or is it one or the other only?

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

Why use both?  The jet suit is just an upgraded exo suit.

be pointless to have them both on

Cuz jet suit is only for early space, so i can get the iron i need easily. To get to the jet suit my dupes travel outside my base wearing exo suits. I just need a way to avoid having them drop their exo suits if they go back through the jet suit checkpoint.

1 minute ago, bleeter6 said:

Cuz jet suit is only for early space, so i can get the iron i need easily. To get to the jet suit my dupes travel outside my base wearing exo suits. I just need a way to avoid having them drop their exo suits if they go back through the jet suit checkpoint.

you can disable the building if you don’t need to put on the jet suit 

15 minutes ago, bleeter6 said:

sounds like a base design problem, usually I have a transit tube between my jet suit docks and base so they don't need exo suits

24 minutes ago, fishoutofwater said:

maybe he mean the suit checkpoints

If a dupe runs though a different checkpoint than the one were he/she picked up a suit, then they will drop the suit on the ground and won't pick it up again unless manually swept

45 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

If a dupe runs though a different checkpoint than the one were he/she picked up a suit, then they will drop the suit on the ground and won't pick it up again unless manually swept

nevermind, I forgot dupe cannot run through checkpoint without suit available

3 hours ago, Neotuck said:

There`s a setting on the checkpiont: "clearance vacancy" If you click it the dupes won`t be allowed to pass if there`s no place to leave the suit. This ahould fix the issue of them going to the wrong checkpoint.

Deafult is "clearance always" allowing them to pass and just leaving suits on the ground. It`s confusing as the button shows the other setting than the current one.

5 hours ago, Neotuck said:

Why use both?  The jet suit is just an upgraded exo suit.

I beg to differ. The jet suit is expensive garbage. Pathfinding-related lag aside, dupes wearing them move at about half the speed of a dupe in an atmo suit. I don't think obviating ladders makes up for this. 

1 hour ago, biopon said:

I beg to differ. The jet suit is expensive garbage. Pathfinding-related lag aside, dupes wearing them move at about half the speed of a dupe in an atmo suit. I don't think obviating ladders makes up for this. 

Some of this was fixed in the QoL mk1. They made the space paths not loop around which reduced the lag and changed their bahaviour a bit: now they use ladders and often walk when they don`t need to fly (not always though). I prefer to have 3 of those for constructing bunker doors.

11 hours ago, Neotuck said:

sounds like a base design problem, usually I have a transit tube between my jet suit docks and base so they don't need exo suits

Atmo suit docks have two settings: Deliver Suit or Leave Empty.  If you chose "Leave Empty" then when a dupe wearing a suit passes it, they'll take the suit off and hang it up, and put it on when they come back through.  So, have an atmo suit dock, checkpoint, jetsuit dock, checkpoint, and the dupe will take off the atmo suit, put on the jet suit, take care of business, then reverse the procedure.  

However, all that suit switching takes time, so I do it your way: Tube to the jet suits.

3 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Atmo suit docks have two settings: Deliver Suit or Leave Empty.  If you chose "Leave Empty" then when a dupe wearing a suit passes it, they'll take the suit off and hang it up, and put it on when they come back through.  So, have an atmo suit dock, checkpoint, jetsuit dock, checkpoint, and the dupe will take off the atmo suit, put on the jet suit, take care of business, then reverse the procedure.  

However, all that suit switching takes time, so I do it your way: Tube to the jet suits.

no, it should be atmo suit checkpoint-> atmo suit dock -> jet suit dock -> jet suit checkpoint

like this:

20190106094407_1.thumb.jpg.347455b0d4b17fc0881e272806ceb3f9.jpg

On 1/5/2019 at 10:40 PM, biopon said:

The jet suit is useful for dupes working inside a rocket silo, at least. Otherwise I generally prefer atmo suits.

On 12/01/2019 at 11:05 AM, Arcus2611 said:

The jet suit is useful for dupes working inside a rocket silo, at least. Otherwise I generally prefer atmo suits.

I use them to clear swamp biomes. Fast way to acquire slime for the mushroom farm.

On 05/01/2019 at 10:37 AM, bleeter6 said:

Make a transit tube from your main base to the jet suit room. And put a water airlock on the entrance incase of emergencies where you run out of power. So the dupes don't suffocate.

On 06/01/2019 at 2:46 AM, fishoutofwater said:

no, it should be atmo suit checkpoint-> atmo suit dock -> jet suit dock -> jet suit checkpoint

like this:

20190106094407_1.thumb.jpg.347455b0d4b17fc0881e272806ceb3f9.jpg

this also works lol

Archived