ImpactedTooth's Art Thread

You could always press the report button on your locked thread so the mods can unlock them?

This is so crisp! I wouldn't be surprised if this was used as a book cover in Hot Lava(like the magical train book).

Have you ever thought about publishing a book with this art style?

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

You could always press the report button on your locked thread so the mods can unlock them?

This is so crisp! I wouldn't be surprised if this was used as a book cover in Hot Lava(like the magical train book).

Have you ever thought about publishing a book with this art style?

Oh! I didn't know about that, I'll give it a try, thank you!

Thank you so much! I've never thought about doing that. I'd have no idea where to start with something like that besides amazon.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:36 PM, ImpactedTooth said:

'd have no idea where to start with something like that besides amazon.

That's a start. Walmart also lets people publish books. I wouldn't suggest Ex-libris though. They haven't helped my father much with his novel.

I wanted to make the gravitas lobby in UE4. Here is the first pass with basic models no textures. I messed up the lighting settings and after putting it into a new level light is leaking all over. I'll fix it, but I'd love feedback on what I do have. Constructive criticism is always welcome!

GravitasScreenshot00000.thumb.jpg.d9f6edc885e3f7443d0dace4b1eb2424.jpgGravitasScreenshot00001.thumb.jpg.c38c0d8d9bc5e324305f03223c958af1.jpg

You'll most likely need to take artistic liberties when translating a 2D environment into a 3D one. Which you already know, but that was just a preface to me pointing out that isolated couch. It sits there with no other accompanying couch or table or anything and it looks a bit out of place.

Maybe looking at photos of actual lobbies for offices, universities, etc might give you an idea of what might accompany that couch. I'm not sure when Gravitas was a thing, but some of the furniture and desktop computers suggest the late '80s maybe.

You're a bit far along to start looking at reference, I guess, but help out that lonely couch! You've got great things going on otherwise.

Update on the Gravitas lobby. A second rough pass on some of the models, some added set dressings, and a finished floor and wall texture.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

cnDGknG.png

I need to make a doorway for that hallway and fix the molding that doesn't fit the walls there.

ZgHn8Zc.png

wZ4KnOQ.png

I think I need to do a lighting pass next.

17 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Are you gonna smooth out the giant statue? There's a way to do that in blender but I can't exactly remember how ^^;

Oh yeah definitely! A lot of the models are roughs so I haven't bothered with smoothing groups at all yet. That one in particular I'm going to go hi-poly and make it look chiseled it in zBrush.

Archived