This Executive Hammer from the Queen Place is busted

Codina

With the Executive Hammer, I have the power of GOD and anime on my side!

I literally tore down the entire pig city to get the material. Each lamp is 1 iron ingot, a lantern, and electric doodad. Each pig house is 2 pig skin, 2 wood planks, and 2 stone. There is so much resource depend on how large your pig town is generated. Hamlet is hard??? I'm WX76 I get struck by lighting 24/7. Food is not an issue because I can keep on buying and stealing. Fog doesn't do anything because I have cowl which gives night vision and negates fog (replace Pitch Hat it's useless). Cowl is easy to make, just need to find a batilisk and get its wing. Need 1 compass, 1 Batilisk wing, and 2 pigskins. 

I have the power of GOD.PNG

wx is a bit on the spectrum of broken in Hamlet cuz he is super fast and needs no light.. but yeap.. hamlet is not that hard..

tbh I don't exploit the hammer to get mats or steal, so I hope it doesn't get nerfed cuz some people abuse it.

if you wanna make the game trivial for yourself playing as wx overcharged 24/7 and breaking everything and stealing everything then go ahead.. but don't ask for a nerf based ONLY on your playstyle.

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

wx is a bit on the spectrum of broken in Hamlet cuz he is super fast and needs no light.. but yeap.. hamlet is not that hard..

tbh I don't exploit the hammer to get mats or steal, so I hope it doesn't get nerfed it cuz some people abuse it.

if you wanna make the game trivial for yourself playing as wx overcharged 24/7 and breaking everything and stealing everything then go ahead.. but don't ask for a nerf based ONLY on your playstyle.

This playstyle is in-game so it's not consider cheating is it? If you make a thing possible there will definitely be people who would abuse it and it's not healthy for the game. Hamlet has many things to fix and this is one of It don't you think?

The executive hammer's only purpose is to destroy and get back resources. Maybe only destroy your own buildings? 

Also WX as a character. He doesn't get poisoned, gain speed (fighting), light (explore and afk), health, and insulation. Can be upgraded and eats spoil food. When he is struck by lightning bird his sanity drop to 0. Farm nightmare fuel. To get back sanity, base near a pond for lily. 

What this post is probably gonna accomplish is to get the hammer to have a set durability and then to loose it forever... this can only spoil the fun out of it just cuz some people were done with the game after a week of shenanigans... but the people affected are the ones who wanna build something big... so yeap... I disagree with a nerf cuz I wanna build in hamlet and a set durability for the hammer would only accomplish to spoil the fun out of megabasing.

Again... WX is broken in hamlet...

if u wanna play him you'll have a much easier time playing the game ... not only hamlet but vanilla and dst

Play different characters before judging the whole game... specially if you pick the most op one in hamlet at the moment...

Agree with Freya. If you want to build your own city, and especially if you want to get particular townsfolk like berry pigs, you burn through the mats pretty fast just building and knocking down and rebuilding townhouses to get the right pigs. You can sell only one nightmare fuel per day to each erudite, only one berry to each usher. Knock down their houses and eventually they’ll die to bats or whatever, so that starts to limit your customers to the shop pigs. It’s a bonanza at first, like stealing, but shortsighted.

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

What this post is probably gonna accomplish is to get the hammer to have a set durability and then to loose it forever...

That's not gonna happen, it would be very stupid. Placing structures without any means of removing them later?

On 12/21/2018 at 11:18 PM, FreyaMaluk said:

What this post is probably gonna accomplish is to get the hammer to have a set durability and then to loose it forever... this can only spoil the fun for megabasing just cuz some people were done with the game after a week of shenanigans... but the people affected are the ones who wanna build something big... so yeap... I disagree with a nerf cuz I wanna megabase in hamlet and a set durability for the hammer would only accomplish to spoil the fun out of megabasing.

Againroasted WX is broken in hamlet...

if u wanna play him you'll have a much easier time playing the game ... not only hamlet but vanilla and dst

Play different characters before judging the whole game... specially if you pick the most op one in hamlet at the moment...

You right. I'm getting roasted pretty hard. 

On 12/24/2018 at 7:52 PM, Yokoblue said:

Executive hammer is indeed too powerful but the only way to balance it would be to make the "default" cities to be unbreakable. From game code, your house and city houses are the same so they would need to change a lot of things.

I am not going to dig up all of the city biome somewhere else, and then move all of it to where I please, and then keep killing and killing pigs until i get enough skin for the houses just so I can get taxes.

On 12/24/2018 at 8:06 AM, Codina said:

You right. I'm getting roasted pretty hard. 

My intention is not "roasting" u.. It's to explain that demanding nerfs based on the playstyle u are using to get items in the game is shortsighted cuz in the end the stolen item slots will not get restocked and u'll have to rebuild the building eventually IF you play long runs.

4 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

My intention is not "roasting" u.. It's to explain that demanding nerfs based on the playstyle u are using to get items in the game is shortsighted cuz in the end the stolen item slots will not get restocked and u'll have to rebuild the building eventually IF you play long runs.

Yea that makes sense I was a little bit shortsighted. Thx for clarifying and explaining. 

Archived