Some complaints and things that should be tweaked

So, for starters, the tents. They should definitely not be single use nor should they be used only to skip the night/day/I dont want to get technical. They should be a permanent structure that you use to change character whenever you want. If you want to keep it as being able to skip the night too, then keep it, I'm not terribly fussed. But that's what straw rolls are used for. Seriously, the tent basically does exactly what the straw roll does but is a whole lot harder to obtain. It's pointless.Keep the option to use the new method or the old method of the science. I personally hate the "new method." I think that research points was a far better idea and I want the option to use that.These are my two big complaints. I also think that this game is getting hard. And maybe difficulty levels should be incorporated, especially around the insanity. It'd be nice if there was an "easy mode" that didnt have insanity or at least made it decrease slower.And on the topic of sanity, I think after a while, the characters should get used to their surroundings, so they lose insanity slower after a while. Like, after 50 days it slows down to 3/4 the regular speed, then day 100 slows down by half. Just a suggestion. Would make it seem a bit more realistic.

Sorry to say man all of your suggestion are terrible.For starter's the tent thing has been discussed and many people have already said that it should be a 3-4 times use straw rollThe new science method is way better then the old one because like the devs said some of the top items just took way to goddamn long to getDon't starve is a rogue like game what is supposed to be hard and unforgiving,there should not be a easy option,just learn to play the gameAnd really if you are in a world far away from home,blocked with all sorts of nasty creatures would you ever get used to it

Sorry to say man all of your suggestion are terrible.For starter's the tent thing has been discussed and many people have already said that it should be a 3-4 times use straw rollThe new science method is way better then the old one because like the devs said some of the top items just took way to goddamn long to getDon't starve is a rogue like game what is supposed to be hard and unforgiving,there should not be a easy option,just learn to play the gameAnd really if you are in a world far away from home,blocked with all sorts of nasty creatures would you ever get used to it

Exactly!Maybe the bacon is a lie after all........

Welcome to the forums!I have to agree. Take a look at this thread.http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?10564-The-tents-still-sucksThey changed the old method for a good reason. As Mr. Lock stated, it took way too long for players to get high tier items.http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?6950-Please-NO-difficulty-setting!&highlight=difficultyTake a look at this thread.Well, the game is supposed to keep you on your toes. Lessening the sanity mechanic is almost pointless.

Now that I can be fashionably late, welcome to the forums!Tents suck and should be like multi-use sleeprolls.Old method made people do strange things and made you only need the science machine in your first play.Easy mode is playing Wolfgang, normal is playing Wilson, Hard mode is playing Wes, and that is the difficulty selection for this game.I think being in an unknown place for too long would in-fact make you lose sanity even more and you'd become that guy from Fed-Ex.Candy is made from stuff that I'm not too sure on except caramel.How many eyes do protozoa have?Is it meese or moosi.

So, for starters, the tents. They should definitely not be single use nor should they be used only to skip the night/day/I dont want to get technical. They should be a permanent structure that you use to change character whenever you want. If you want to keep it as being able to skip the night too, then keep it, I'm not terribly fussed. But that's what straw rolls are used for. Seriously, the tent basically does exactly what the straw roll does but is a whole lot harder to obtain. It's pointless.Keep the option to use the new method or the old method of the science. I personally hate the "new method." I think that research points was a far better idea and I want the option to use that.These are my two big complaints. I also think that this game is getting hard. And maybe difficulty levels should be incorporated, especially around the insanity. It'd be nice if there was an "easy mode" that didnt have insanity or at least made it decrease slower.And on the topic of sanity, I think after a while, the characters should get used to their surroundings, so they lose insanity slower after a while. Like, after 50 days it slows down to 3/4 the regular speed, then day 100 slows down by half. Just a suggestion. Would make it seem a bit more realistic.

My Opinion:- Tent single-use is ridiculous, it should be durable, perhaps even repairable. Maybe 3-4 uses.- The new research method is quicker and makes more realistic sense.- ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFICULTY MODES! That can join Multiplayer in the NO corner.- The longer you spend alone, the quicker your Sanity slips. That makes more realistic sense Edited by ArcticFox789

*Prepares to run*I actually think two player multiplayer would be a good idea. Obviously the world would need tweaking in multiplayer, maybe more enemies and less resources in a bigger world. Or maybe even if the two players spend too much time together it will attract more enemies too them, which would force the players to compete and maybe even steal from and sabotage each others camps.... Assuming you ever even find each other to begin with.I'm really enjoying the single player but I have atleast one friend who would only be attracted to the game by multiplayer (while the rest are unlikely to be drawn to this type of game).*Runs**Pokes head around corner for edit*I also think a tiredness and/or balanced diet bar could be cool.The balanced diet bar would stop you from just eating one or two types of food (like meat and honey). Having an unbalanced diet wouldn't kill you but would mean you get tired quicker, have less mental stability and heal slower. It could even give you a slower movement speed.The tiredness bar would have similar effects but would be restored by sleeping. I'm not sure if this would make preparing for winter too difficult though.*Ducks back behind corner*

Edited by Leezeebub

*Prepares to run*I actually think two player multiplayer would be a good idea. Obviously the world would need tweaking in multiplayer, maybe more enemies and less resources in a bigger world. Or maybe even if the two players spend too much time together it will attract more enemies too them, which would force the players to compete and maybe even steal from and sabotage each others camps.... Assuming you ever even find each other to begin with.I'm really enjoying the single player but I have atleast one friend who would only be attracted to the game by multiplayer (while the rest are unlikely to be drawn to this type of game).*Runs**Pokes head around corner for edit*I also think a tiredness and/or balanced diet bar could be cool.The balanced diet bar would stop you from just eating one or two types of food (like meat and honey). Having an unbalanced diet wouldn't kill you but would mean you get tired quicker, have less mental stability and heal slower. It could even give you a slower movement speed.The tiredness bar would have similar effects but would be restored by sleeping. I'm not sure if this would make preparing for winter too difficult though.*Ducks back behind corner*

Ok.- No Multiplayer. This is a semi-realistic game. So, in real life, if you are kidnapped by an evil demon and/or put in purgatory, can you just call out for your mate to join you? No, and this is why we shouldn't have Multiplayer.- Kevin is deciding between nerfing Bee Boxes or adding a Nutrition System.- Besides, we already have 3 meters, and coldness and dapperness. We can't just keep adding more factors to juggle.

The demon could send you both to that world because it entertains him to see who will survive the longest an what depths the pair will sink to while competing for survival. The game isn't that realistic, there are a million ways it could be integrated into the "story".Youre right about having too many bars though, so the nutrition thing could be integrated into the hunger bar maybe. So eating the same food will lead to a reduction in the ammount of hunger it restores.