Winter's Feast gifts in caves

Today I slept under a totally decorated tree Winter's Feast Tree in the caves, however I didn't get any kind of gift, not even a "bad" one with charcoal. Everything was the same as normally, the tree was in complete darkness, it was night, the only difference is that it was in the caves. I tried it multiple times, even with different trees at different places, but had no success. On the surface however I got the gift just as expected. 

Is it intended that we cannot get gifts in the caves, or is it a bug? Am I the only who has this issue?

If I remember correctly, we could get gifts in the caves last year, but it was long ago so I'm not entirely sure.

7 hours ago, PuffinBy said:

Does killing an underground boss give you any ornaments? If not, then it might be a bug with the event not actually being enabled in caves. :wilson_curious:

I haven't tried bosses yet, but smaller mobs like spiders, worms and monkeys surely give winter's feast foods and decorations, so I guess the event isn't disabled in the caves.

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

I haven't tried bosses yet, but smaller mobs like spiders, worms and monkeys surely give winter's feast foods and decorations, so I guess the event isn't disabled in the caves.

Toadstool and ancient fuelweaver respectively have unique magnificient ornaments Magnificent_Adornment_Fuelweaver.png.c6157a121cb8cd3c4f202567b56a9ccf.pngMagnificent_Adornment_Toadstool.png.a807e2653c9224fe7a4bfd44dd972355.png

Has anyone been able to get the magnificent adornments for Toadstool and Fuelweaver? I'd find it hard to believe if nobody has fought either boss during the event, but me and a friend just killed the Fuelweaver and didn't get his ornament.

We've gotten almost all of the surface boss adornments, and we played the world through hallowed nights, so events should be working fine.

4 minutes ago, Field Field said:

Has anyone been able to get the magnificent adornments for Toadstool and Fuelweaver? I'd find it hard to believe if nobody has fought either boss during the event, but me and a friend just killed the Fuelweaver and didn't get his ornament.

I fought FW during the event, and can confirm that I did indeed get his ornament.

1 hour ago, Field Field said:

We've gotten almost all of the surface boss adornments, and we played the world through hallowed nights, so events should be working fine.

I fought both of them and got both respective ornaments. 

Archived