Character customization

Character customizationI think that would be very interesting to play with a character similar to myself, another thing funny would be to play with a "cartoonization" of a known person as President Lula or Obama or Elvis...:biggrin-new:With a customization, the player could feel himself a little bit "co-creator" of the game, for sure is what you pretended when you opened this forum.ZeMadNatal-Brazil

I understand you, but each player could play it the way that he wants, if the guy wants to play with a "Barbie" and he think "it's cool to play whit this", I would not worry about this. I think the "art" of the game is very unique and should be preserved as a trademark , but a good cartoonist and a good programmer could make anyone in a "Do not Starve style" without losing the essence of the game and making it even more fun and "customizable". I am pretty sure about this because i am a amateur cartoonist.

Yes, we play with individual characters. They are different not only in their appearance, they have voices and personalities. So I never would change something. If you could customize a character, who whould he be? Wendy with an afro?....*shivers*There are many games which allow you to customize but in my opinion Don't Starve isn't one of them.

I'm not for or against customization, as it really comes down to whether or not the game will ever provide backgrounds for the characters and incorporate these backgrounds into the plot. If the game's plot and character backgrounds remain as sketchy as they are now, then I don't see why the Devs couldn't allow players some degree of customization... but then that begs the question as to how this customization would function.The only reference I have on this topic is an old comment from Kevin that referenced modding, in that adding new assets (i.e. monsters or characters) to the game would be too difficult to pull off and may not be supported for modding. I'm also unsure if a system like the one in the Sims, for example, would work here.Anyway, these are just some stray thoughts of mine...

I really like the art style too. It reminds me of Gloom. Anyone here played it. I agree that it would be neat to customize the appearance of a character, but even more awesome would be able to customize their attributes. How funny would it be to make a Fire Starter character that is not immune to fire. Haha

ZirMad, don't you want to prove that it can be done? since you've got that talent, I've got a challenge, and I will participate too! Create a character that would fit into the style of the gameThen give your character a name, a title(i.e. Firestarter), a personal quote, and an ability!Post it in this thread.This is open to anyone who want to join in the madness!