Hey, look, bug people

Mants. They're territorial, really annoying sometimes, and have a few funny bugs. Did I mention that..... THEY'RE ANTHROPOMORPHIC BUGS. Sadly however, nothing to do with bug people has ever appeared in the lore, so this has absolutely nothing to do with anything and is definitely not some possible connection with the ancients nobody seems to have considered yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Mants. They're territorial, really annoying sometimes, and have a few funny bugs. Did I mention that..... THEY'RE ANTHROPOMORPHIC BUGS

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I see where you're going but untill mant ruins get some fresh new look, we don't have any connections between them and ancients, other then being bug people

Well, there is something to be said I think.

Look at the pigs in the normal ROG. They simply do not stand as civilized as the pigs in Hamlet. The Wildboars in SW show a little more promise as they fit one more word into a sentence than the ROG pigs, but they're still nothing like Hamlet pigs. Yet we still consider them pigs.
Somehow pigmen are found over a great many places in the constant. Forge has them, Gorge has those swamp pigs, Shipwrecked and ROG, and Hamlet... Pigs everywhere. But, of varying degrees of advancement. 

Even merms seem to depict this as well, with merms in ROG taking over pig houses and many living in it at once - Meanwhile in SW they build their villages and have their own islands with their own fishermen... And in the Gorge we get some interesting lore concerning merms, though it does make me wonder if all Merms are descended from those 'Cursed,' or if some existed naturally prior. (If some did I would predict they lived in Shipwrecked, they seem most at home there and most individualistic here.) In fact, in Shipwrecked, I think the Merms might be more advanced than the wildboars. 

So if creatures show varying levels of cleverness... The Mants must be to the Ancients, as the Wildboars are to the Hamlet pigs. The hamlet pigs are taller and drastically different in appearance to wildboars, as well as being more civilized. But they're also both pigs. 
After all, both the Mants and the Ancients lived underground. And all varieties of pigs live in houses.  And all varieties of merms like swamps or marshland, or moist habitat of some kind. 

The mants probably are not in and of themselves Ancients. Though they might be related. 

But it's definitely fun to see something of how they might have vaguely looked or vaguely been like...

• Like 2