• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

3 Screenshots

About This File

Always check the changelog.txt.

This is not the full release, things will change. This is WIP mod, so make sure to follow the mod to get a notification when an update is released.

This mod adds a personal variation of the unimplemented/altered character - Winnie.

Details:

• 175 HP
  • 120 Hunger
  • 100 Sanity
  • Rabbits, penguins don't run away from her, and restore a bit of sanity when near her. But killing them drains sanity by 15.
  • She is a vegetarian. But she can eat leafy meat.
  • Custom speech lines.
  • Compatible with the base game

Credit for animation and sound goes to Klei Entertainment.

Steam Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=320915614

Note:

I am open to suggestions regarding anything, even some speech lines, those still need to be addressed.

If any issue should arise, please pm me or leave a comment and I'll get back to you.

Plans:

• Revisit strings
  • More killing penalties

Pro Tip: Penguins won't hide their eggs when playing as Winnie.

What's New in Version 1.4.1   See changelog

Released

• Fixed small oversights
  • No cactus and bush damage affects only Winnie now, as it was intended

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

i like this mod. Perhaps you should add things about traps/bird cage...

What do you mean? Restrict them? I don't think that's necessary, I'm planning though to add sanity damage if you kill some innocent animals like rabbits/birds/koalefant. Besides, you can overcome that by using a small bird to make it attack them. Overall, making it harder to get feathers (especially snow robin feathers for them blow darts) will make it even harder to survive.

i like this mod. Perhaps you should add things about traps/bird cage...

Rabbits are needed to make a prehistohatpotatolawnmowerwhatever, and can only be given through traps.

As of today this error started crashing the game

..../mods/workshop-320915614/scripts/prefabs/winnie.lua:61: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:

I have all the ifno saved if you want the rest of it   Basically it ends with it cannot spawn player and the game just closes

I think this may be the cause  scripts/modindex.lua(386,1) Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_workshop-320915614    
scripts/mods.lua(152,1) Loading mod: workshop-320915614 (Meet the Vegan) (Old API! (mod: 5 game: 6) )  

As of today this error started crashing the game

..../mods/workshop-320915614/scripts/prefabs/winnie.lua:61: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

I have all the ifno saved if you want the rest of it   Basically it ends with it cannot spawn player and the game just closes

I think this may be the cause  scripts/modindex.lua(386,1) Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_workshop-320915614    

scripts/mods.lua(152,1) Loading mod: workshop-320915614 (Meet the Vegan) (Old API! (mod: 5 game: 6) )  

The weird thing is that it works with my game and it's not a fresh world. Another guy said the game crashes. Could you upload your save file to filedropper and pm me the link?

Edit: The error appears only in non-RoG worlds it seems. I'll get a fix tonight or tomorrow.

Are all passive creatures supposed to not run away or is it supposed to be only rabbits and pengulls?

Are all passive creatures supposed to not run away or is it supposed to be only rabbits and pengulls?

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how many are affected because I don't need to manage each one separately but it's not all mobs that by default run away when you approach them, koalefant for example should still run away. As far as I know for now, it's rabbits, gobblers and pengulls, but there might be more.

Hi, I have a question... I want to make a mod where the rabbits don't runaway from the player (better if I can make them approach to certain player or all players) and be inmortal, I mean don't have the option to kill them and maybe can't be killed by other mobs either, can you put me a clue how to code this? thank you.

15 hours ago, YiinHikari said:

Hi, I have a question... I want to make a mod where the rabbits don't runaway from the player (better if I can make them approach to certain player or all players) and be inmortal, I mean don't have the option to kill them and maybe can't be killed by other mobs either, can you put me a clue how to code this? thank you.

There is a tag "scarytoprey" or something like that. Once applied to a mob, mobs that fall under the category of prey won't run away. I don't know currently how to single out rabbits only, you'll have to look what makes mobs "preys" and make a custom tag or something.

If you want them to approach the player, you'll have to look into the brain, but I'm not experienced with it.

To make them immortal, I think you can simply remove the combat component or whatever the name was. For the rabbit "item", not sure.

16 hours ago, Cyde042 said:

There is a tag "scarytoprey" or something like that. Once applied to a mob, mobs that fall under the category of prey won't run away. I don't know currently how to single out rabbits only, you'll have to look what makes mobs "preys" and make a custom tag or something.

If you want them to approach the player, you'll have to look into the brain, but I'm not experienced with it.

To make them immortal, I think you can simply remove the combat component or whatever the name was. For the rabbit "item", not sure.

I already tryed removing the scarytopray tag just as I saw in your mod, but it didn't work... Anyway I will work on that again later :) thanks for your response!