• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod fixes the issue with overpopulation of Rock Lobsters. It's really simple fix and does not interfere with normal gameplay.

This mod causes a Rock Lobsters to perform a suicide honorable death on the end of their lives.

When a Rock Lobster grow up to it's full size, it has a 50% chance to turn into a boulder. Changing to boulder can be observed on-screen (it's just a matter of right timing).

Mod is compatible with base game and RoG DLC. It can be used on already generated worlds, you don't have to make new to make it working.

Idea is from that topics:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/37875-should-klei-add-rock-lobster-population-control/

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/36962-rock-lobsters/

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=292961351

I hope that this mod will help you guys ;) Post in comments what do you think about it, along with eventual crashes...

Have fun playing with my mods ;)

What's New in Version v1.0   See changelog

Released

• v1.0:
  • - first release
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

FINALLY! Took long enough. DIE LOBSTERS, DIE! 

Wow, that reaction... ;) Is it working like it should? Infestation defated? :-)

I know I could just try instead of asking but this may help other bystanders as well...

Is this going to work on already well developed savegame with many rock-lobsters commiting a mass suicide honorable ritual?

• Like 1

I know I could just try instead of asking but this may help other bystanders as well...

Is this going to work on already well developed savegame with many rock-lobsters commiting a mass suicide honorable ritual?

In mod description I said:

"Mod is compatible with base game and RoG DLC. It can be used on already generated worlds, you don't have to make new to make it working."

It's as simple as it is. You can experience some lag-related issues in first few moments after loading the save for the first time with this mod, but after about 5-10 seconds it should be ok :-)

PS: For the spectacular effect, get to RL field without the mod, save game, enable mod, load the game again and watch what happen ;)

Don't forget to post if it worked like it should ;-)

Hey, DevilXD

Wilst I was waiting for you to reply to my PM,  I saw this, and then realized that it was yours! Too funny.

I have another idea for population control for a mod, and it should be easy to implement; make their spawn point a visible/destroyable structure, like the Bone Mounds for Hounds, or Beehives for Bees.

• Like 1

This is very nice, if they don't overpopulate again, that is.

Has anyone had any trouble with this?

But wouldn't it be better to make it so when they reach a number the new spawning ones get killed instantly? For example 100 lobsters were spawned and each new lobster that gets born he gets killed immediately.

EDIT: there is a bug, sort of. I give flint to one, he fights for me, he turns into stalagmite. I go onto the surface, he's back there as a lobster following me, but still in the cave as stalagmite.

Edited by kardinals