• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod fixes the moon icon that appears next to the clock at night. Now, you can see it during dusk, or even configure it to appear during the day - it's just a matter of going into configuration options and switching to appropriate mode on the mod page in Don't Starve. No more checking moon phases before transmuting chester or werepigs ;)

In addition, the moon can now have both a waxing and waning phase - which means that you can now see the moon growing to full, and receding to new moon each throughout the month.

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=292558919

The original idea was from @hotmatrixx, I've only done the coding stuff and such... All credits for @hotmatrixx :-)

What's New in Version v1.0

Released

• v1.0:
  • - added configuration options
  • - first release

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So that everyone knows, this was actually 'my' mod, DevilXD has helped me build it and has uploaded it here. He did so much of the work on this, I felt that he deserved the credit for the Mod. Basically, it was just my idea.

I have uploaded the same file in the Steam Workshop

So that everyone knows, this was actually 'my' mod, DevilXD has helped me build it and has uploaded it here. He did so much of the work on this, I felt that he deserved the credit for the Mod. Basically, it was just my idea.

I have uploaded the same file in the Steam Workshop

Yeah, sorry @hotmatrixx, I've forgot to mention you ;-) Already updated the mod description :-)

You know what would be really helpful? 2 more moon icons next to the main icon. Like on the top right you get a small moon (yesterdays state), todays state (normal like it is already in the game) and another small moon (tomorrows state) so that you can see what moon type you will get tomorrow. Not sure if this is possible to implement tho.

You know what would be really helpful? 2 more moon icons next to the main icon. Like on the top right you get a small moon (yesterdays state), todays state (normal like it is already in the game) and another small moon (tomorrows state) so that you can see what moon type you will get tomorrow. Not sure if this is possible to implement tho.

Everything is possible, but most of the stuff is hard to implement...

If you are having troubles figuring out the moon phases, look on this picture: http://astronomologer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/8_MoonPhasesw.jpg

With that picture, and knowing that "each moon phase in DS lasts 2 days", that "yesterday/tomorrow" phase is not necessary ;-)

Not sure if you guys are aware but everytime you get out of caves it always shows the icon for the full moon, while it actually isn't gonna be one. When night comes it switches to the correct one. Might want to look into that.