Should Klei add rock lobster population control

So when i was a noob in don't starve day 56 or so i feed some rock lobsters for help and now at Day 508 rock lobsters are roming the Savana biomes (Da beffalos are safe!). I bought them back to caves, blocked holes with walls but they just keep coming. When they fully grow they should be Immoble and mineable for flint and stone to keep their numbers down.

There are quite a few threads about this problem already, I'm sure its on their list of things to do.

Kinda off topic, but each time I see a thread about the rock lobster problem I think of attack on titan :p The world being swarmed by creatures almost impossible to kill, people building boundary walls to keep these creatures out...

There are quite a few threads about this problem already, I'm sure its on their list of things to do.

Kinda off topic, but each time I see a thread about the rock lobster problem I think of attack on titan :p The world being swarmed by creatures almost impossible to kill, people building boundary walls to keep these creatures out...

The Titans in Attack on Titan are insanely freaky though, when you see one the first thing you do is RUN!

Rock Lobsters also suffocate the world, but on an individual level they are kind of fuzzy and nice, albeit with Cthulhu faces. Useful too, in low numbers.

The giants in Reign of Giants do remind me of Attack on Titan though, especially with the RoG trailer, where Goose/Moose falls from the sky on a lightning bolt, similar to how Eren-class Titans appear. It was very cool indeed.

What's the problem with lobsters? Just don't make them follow you upside... And if they do, give them one mineral just to let them go down.

They create invisible spawning places on the surface. Much like tumbleweeds spawn from invisible "spawners" in the desert, rock lobsters do this too.

Archived