Electrolyzer's Temperature

I thought using lower temperature water for electrolyzers would give me a lower oxygen and hydrogen temperature. Apparently it doesn't work like that... the products (O2 and H2) are all at 60°C. This has been bugging me, especially after finding a legitimate way to cool down 2-3 geysers to 20°C.

What is the logic behind the electrolyzer's temperature?

3 hours ago, CodingKitteh said:

What is the logic behind the electrolyzer's temperature?

Game balancing.

It used to be 120 C during closed testing, it got reduced to 60 C after some consideration but devs apparently want the electrolyzer output to be hot.

you can pipe throw the room were the electrolyzer is and cool down the air that way. if you have cool water already. I pump 10 C water and it cools my electrolyzer gas to about 25-30C. 

It makes sense though that the output is hot, in the end you are splitting a molecule and that requires energy. Is there a way to see if temperatures are working correctly? as my electrolyzers are never hot... as in ever and i have 4 of them with only a wall in between them.

Since the gas output is static at 60℃ could you in theory pipe in Un-cooled geyser water for a free temp reduction.

And for some reason I thought the output temp was equal to the electrolizer temp. Was that a bug?

12 minutes ago, Pinstar said:

Since the gas output is static at 60℃ could you in theory pipe in Un-cooled geyser water for a free temp reduction.

And for some reason I thought the output temp was equal to the electrolizer temp. Was that a bug?

It always outputs at 70 Celsius. Nothing can change this.

8 hours ago, BlueLance said:

It makes sense though that the output is hot, in the end you are splitting a molecule and that requires energy. Is there a way to see if temperatures are working correctly? as my electrolyzers are never hot... as in ever and i have 4 of them with only a wall in between them.

It takes a lot of effort to make electrolyzers run at full uptime. Most of the time yours are probably not producing due to being overpressurized, so the temperature effects of other things are outweighing them.

Archived