Secret Area in Caves??

I was playing DST and trying to finish my exploration of the first level in the caves when I noticed a tiny corner on my map that was adjacent from another land mass.  I couldn't see where the entrance to this corner was, so I went back over to where the adjacent land mass was to see if I could get a better view of it.  I couldn't see anything in the game, but when I pulled up the map again I got the image in the attached.

Just...what??  The terrain doesn't match anything I've seen in the caves before, and that statue doesn't match the other statues in the ruins area.  There is no clear path to get to this place, BUT I JUST WHAT THE HECK IS IT AND HOW THE HECK DO I REACH IT??

Caves map.png

Caves map 2.png

2 minutes ago, PillsStealer said:

Hey, welcome to the forums.

That area is called the Atrium. A new biome in dst.

To enter it you need to hop into a tentacle pillar hole.

Welp you beat me to the punch with that answer, and with that said be sure to mark that location on the map after you find it @Wakerra.

I would add more information on the biome, but I don't want to spoil it for you if you have never explored it yet. 

3 minutes ago, PillsStealer said:

Hey, welcome to the forums.

That area is called the Atrium. A new biome in dst.

To enter it you need to hop into a tentacle pillar hole.

It should be noted that the tentapillar hole that leads to the atrium is completely random. You'll have to spend some time trying a few of them out. They work like wormholes after you defeat the tentapillar.

Bring a nightmare amulet if you want to explore the Atrium. It is filled with obelisks that require low/high sanity to pass, and the nightmare amulet will save you from needing to consume food (like mushrooms) to restore sanity.

Thanks all.  I knew about the Atrium via Youtube, but it was my understanding it was a second depth level in the caves, not a wormhole effect.  Slightly dissapointed as I thought I was on to something new and undiscovered XP.

Now I know what to research into so I'll have a slightly better chance of lasting a little longer before immediately dying horrible deaths when I finally find the entrance to that place.

One other question:  Those little "potholes" with gems an thulecite in the middle of them, how are you supposed to reach them?  I can't seem to find the proper keyword to search theses phenomenons in Google.

10 hours ago, Wakerra said:

One other question:  Those little "potholes" with gems an thulecite in the middle of them, how are you supposed to reach them?  I can't seem to find the proper keyword to search theses phenomenons in Google.

You'll need a lazy forager to get the loot out of those cave holes.

In this case it doesnt look that far away from the main land, maybe he can also exploit his way in, by changing camera angles and telepoofing there with a lazy explorer, although im not sure if such thing is possible. Has anyone ever had a worldgen where you can do this?

5 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

In this case it doesnt look that far away from the main land, maybe he can also exploit his way in, by changing camera angles and telepoofing there with a lazy explorer, although im not sure if such thing is possible. Has anyone ever had a worldgen where you can do this?

Several.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

In both my solo world and on my dedicated server this appears to be possible, although I haven't tried it. You have to wear moggles, but theoretically, a player could work backwards from the Atrium to find the tentapillar hole that leads there instead of trying every tentapillar in the caves

Archived