Thoughts about changes? (Edited 5/19)

29 minutes ago, Risu said:

Let's see here... The geyser attempts to produce 60kg of methane over the course of one eruption.
The eruption lasts 500 seconds and idles for 100 seconds, so 0.1kg/s.

The generator consumes 0.06kg/s, so 1 and 2/3 generators per geyser.

I did some figuring and it seems like if you pump the natural gas from a fert maker it should give the geyser enough juice for 2 gens at 120gs over 600s.

Assuming you are correct and Vilda is not.

33 minutes ago, Risu said:

The generator consumes 0.06kg/s, so 1 and 2/3 generators per geyser.

That's not as much as I thought. Five Fertilizer Makers produce the same amount. Or three per generator.

9 hours ago, Masterpintsman said:

We can make our own geysers using fertiliser makers... kind-of.

3 Fertilizer Makers produce enough to support a natural gas(ugh too many syllables) generator.
One NatGas Generator produces enough polluted water by itself (0.0675kg) to support 0.45 Fertilizer Makers (used to be 0.9).
Add that to the 0.275kg polluted water produced by the scrubber to destroy the CO2, it supports just over 2 Fertilizer Makers.

Edit: Since I mentioned that 0.9 I guess I better show how broken it once was.
0.135kg polluted water produced directly. 0.165kg of CO2 produced which makes 0.55kg polluted water.
0.55 + 0.135 = 0.685. 0.685 / 0.15 = 4.567 Fertilizer Makers supported by 1 NatGas Generator.
See a problem there?

11 minutes ago, CantBreathe said:

Assuming you are correct and Vilda is not.

I would be inclined Risu is, because my geyser now started to produce 120 ish g/s. So I think it's something like strong eruption - weaker - none - repeat.

Just now, Vilda said:

I would be inclined Risu is, because my geyser now started to produce 120 ish g/s. So I think it's something like strong eruption - weaker - none - repeat.

The 3 rates are (6 / 100), (45 / 370), (9 / 30).

16 minutes ago, Risu said:

3 Fertilizer Makers produce enough to support a natural gas(ugh too many syllables) generator.
One NatGas Generator produces enough polluted water by itself (0.0675kg) to support 0.45 Fertilizer Makers (used to be 0.9).
Add that to the 0.275kg polluted water produced by the scrubber to destroy the CO2, it supports just over 2 Fertilizer Makers.

So 360 power for Fertilizer + 120 for Air Scrubber and +360 more for a Pump/Filter. Getting 3 loads of Fertilizer for 40 power isn't too bad.

i mostly like the changes, havent played but watched a long stream online

what i like is less clicks, more features

sideways pushing of resources

what i dont like the wire cant go trough walls and bridge is cheaper than wires. irrigation of grain in ice biome too sensitive

farm tiles dont drink up the water dripped on them

the size of transformer should be 2x2 or 4x4 or even 3x2 or 3x3 just not 2x3 because cant place them in a shaft  with art. also allow mirroring it

3 minutes ago, Xuhybrid said:

So 360 power for Fertilizer + 120 for Air Scrubber and +360 more for a Pump/Filter. Getting 3 loads of Fertilizer for 40 power isn't too bad.

It's even better. You need less than one pump, and less than one air scrubber for three makers and one generator. Probably the best solution is to have pressure switch at the pump to only switch on above certain pressure, and another pressure switch at scrubber to only switch on above certain pressure (assuming isolated room for dumping CO2). In effect you get a lot of surplus power.

Just now, Kasuha said:

It's even better. You need less than one pump, and less than one air scrubber for three makers and one generator. Probably the best solution is to have pressure switch at the pump to only switch on above certain pressure, and another pressure switch at scrubber to only switch on above certain pressure (assuming isolated room for dumping CO2). In effect you get a lot of surplus power.

Yeah i suppose you're right. The generator intake is lower than the pump can send. I love the new pressure switches.

Archived