So I have a world where i play solo as Wendy. I'm on day 310 and I have just killed Bee Queen. It took me so long because i needed to build like 30 rabbit hutches around giganting beehive and I have it right next to rocky biome so meteores can sometimes fall and destroy some of them so it took even longer. But that's not the point. The point is: you (should) understand by this that I'm not like pro players who can go fight with bosses on day like 60. I have a (I think) decent base and all that stuff and i was thinking about killing Dragonfly/Klaus. It would be my 1st time fighting this guys and i saw some tutorials/speedruns of them but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the same things. So that's why i wanted to ask if i should just go and try to kill them or should I create a ,,training world" where I'll try to kill them?

Go ahead and practice. Even the pro players do that. Dragonfly you can probably do just fine if you build a fighting pen and bring three marble suits to tank her with (plus pirogis to heal) and four dark swords, but I've never played Wendy, so don't take my advice as gospel. Test it!

Well, depending on if you want to rollback or waste a lot of resources for nothing. Especially at the Dragonfly I had to abort many assaults as I ran out of healing/armor/whatever... 

I also Wendy-main and use an ornery beefalo for these bosses, that's the easiest and most resource-efficient way for me. It's fast, you don't have to heal (that much...) and deals more damage as Wendy ever could (with the war saddle of course). For Dragonfly I bring a pan flute and a few dragonpies, for Klaus only a Star caller's staff to make light and warmth. At the time when I was pretty sure that I win the fight I used about 10 dragonpies... quite a lot. Now I need about 3-5 for Dragonfly and none for Klaus. ;)

I practiced in my solo world and all together I must say that it was worth it. At the beginning it required a lot of preparing and I wasted a lot of time and materials, but for it I became much better at these. 

One hint: if you practice in your solo world where you want to kill these, you'll experience the exactly same environment and will be better prepared for the fight. It's quite different when you just spawn items and monsters, because then you don't have to think ahead. I forgot more times the pan flute for example and had to go back to base just for it. Or another example: you should practice killing Klaus in winter as he'll come only in winter, and it doesn't matter how good you can kill him if during the fight you freeze to death...

1 hour ago, jantonio said:

ye, a long fight is an awesome fight (unless you find it boring :wilson_sneaky:)

I have done both. I do use the adjusted health mob on my solo map now because I do find long fights boring. All I really want from bosses are their drops, not the fight itself. Before I found the mod, I did kill it once solo. But I was playing as Wigfrid, so the health needs are easier to manage.

53 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I have done both. I do use the adjusted health mob on my solo map now because I do find long fights boring. All I really want from bosses are their drops, not the fight itself. Before I found the mod, I did kill it once solo. But I was playing as Wigfrid, so the health needs are easier to manage.

Which boss did you fight solo? Dragonfly?

I decided that I no longer want Treeguards and what not to kill my giants for me. Tried it with Bearger first after I lured him into the swamp and thinking about having Deerclops kill him. So I grabbed some weapons and armor and went for it. Even a hound attack occured while I was fighting Bearger in the swamp. Pretty exciting for me. Haha.. What I wanted to say is, that it was helpful that the fight lasted a while and got interrupted because it forced me to act and pay attention to my health, which I tend to ignore and suddenly drop dead. But I'm still clueless how to fight Toadstool. Can you actually cheese him? Either way the fight will probably last a while and I have some training to do I guess..

(I hope that I will come to the point when I can say that long fights are boring)

39 minutes ago, disies said:

But I'm still clueless how to fight Toadstool. Can you actually cheese him? Either way the fight will probably last a while and I have some training to do I guess..

I've seen a video where a Wigfid killed it solo. She tanked it and used weather pains against the mushtrees. She needed 7 of them... so you can guess, it's pretty expensive. This is the only boss that I couldn't beat, not even with a cheesy method like gunpowder...

5 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I've seen a video where a Wigfid killed it solo. She tanked it and used weather pains against the mushtrees. She needed 7 of them... so you can guess, it's pretty expensive. This is the only boss that I couldn't beat, not even with a cheesy method like gunpowder...

The funny thing is that I want his loot more than any other :D and I've seen many people call it useless..

Just now, disies said:

The funny thing is that I want his loot more than any other :D and I've seen many people call it useless..

I can understand it... (sigh)... yep, I also think it's cool to have its loot, so I kill Klaus every winter. Slowly, but I got something from Toadstool every now and then, even the blueprints, so now I have 3 mushroom lights :) Depending on how long you plant to live in that world, I'd suggest to farm Klaus instead.

Just now, fimmatek said:

I can understand it... (sigh)... yep, I also think it's cool to have its loot, so I kill Klaus every winter. Slowly, but I got something from Toadstool every now and then, even the blueprints, so now I have 3 mushroom lights :) Depending on how long you plant to live in that world, I'd suggest to farm Klaus instead.

I'm currently approaching the 666 days mark and had just finished to collect enough tentacle spots for the Queen Bee and having her killed. Although I hate admitting that I'm using cheese strats. But hey, I'm trying. My world is getting pretty laggy now because I built so many things (pictures are in the showcase thread) so I hope I'll find a way to keep playing and finally venture into the ruins as well, where tbh I've never been. Not even in single player. So yeah, I still have so much to do.

Nice that you mentioned Klaus. Somehow I forgot that he also can drop boss loot. But now I'm thinking about how I can cheese him. Great. :D

4 hours ago, disies said:

Which boss did you fight solo? Dragonfly?

Yes. It's the only raid boss I can do because it requires no kiting so you can wear marble suits. They're amazing. You might need to experiment with armor and heals a bit, but if you have enough you should be ok. She kindly goes away to summon her larva, leaving you time to regroup, as long as you've got that pen. Oh, and the pan flute for when she enrages.

Archived