Max safe temperature for puft and hatch?

I've got a flock of hatches that I'm keen to protect. I'd like to move them to a more convenient location, but I worry about accidentally cooking them. Anyone know the maximum safe temperature for a hatch pen?

Also: I had a puft once, loose in my base. It mysteriously died, and I'm not sure why. It was last seen in the warmer part of my base, and I suspect it may have died due to high temp. Anyone know the maximum safe temperature for pufts?

A Hatch prefers a temperature of between 9.9°C and 20.9°C

A Puft prefers a temperature of between 28.9°C and 44.9°C

A Morb prefers a temperature of between 19.9°C and 36.9°C

The information was slightly hidden away. You can check these numbers by hovering over the toasty environment or chilly surroundings effect on a creature. The information is in the popup.

creaturetemperatures.png

Sorry I misunderstood the mechanics. Those air temperatures will not actually kill the creatures.

I wondered if the body temperature needed to go beyond those limits but have not been able to prove that.

I have not found anything in the UI to indicate the kill temperatures. I did some painting in debug mode though. Raising the temperature gradually shows an air temperature of around or above 70°C will fry both Hatches and Pufts instantly.

Hopefully someone else knows a more concrete figure.

Survival range for Hatch and Puft: -30.15 C to 69.85 C.
Survival range for Morb: 9.85 C to 56.85 C.

Not so sure the lethal cold temp is working right.
That seems way too low. Would have to check in game.

Well I suppose a Puft could reach that temperature if it's making a vacuum.

Hmm. It's definitely not the temperature killing mine if that's the range. I had a huge mob of hatches disappear but the temperature was within the range suggested. I also have had morbs and pufts simply vanish between one scroll-by and the next. Since only the hatch leaves meat behind I haven't been able to figure out when exactly they died.

40 minutes ago, n37runn3r said:

Hmm. It's definitely not the temperature killing mine if that's the range. I had a huge mob of hatches disappear but the temperature was within the range suggested. I also have had morbs and pufts simply vanish between one scroll-by and the next. Since only the hatch leaves meat behind I haven't been able to figure out when exactly they died.

Hatches sometimes fall through tiles on save/load - i've seen this a few times.

Morbs can sometimes get themselves "stuck" in wall tiles and die.

Pufts can make mini-vacuums and murder themselves :D 

3 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Hatches sometimes fall through tiles on save/load - i've seen this a few times.

Morbs can sometimes get themselves "stuck" in wall tiles and die.

Pufts can make mini-vacuums and murder themselves :D 

Interesting, I wonder if what you've seen is the same reason that Hatches and Morbs can fall through the top of a pneumatic door and get stuck inside if it's locked?  As handy as this little bug is..

Also, never let Puffs into the main part of your base.  Doors -will- murder them.  They're best to leave in a tall room with the access door at the waaay bottom and try to make sure the top of the room is warmer then the bottom.

I think the puft/airlock thing was patched a few hotfixes back ?

**edit :  210162 Creatures can no longer walk through “auto” or “closed” doors

Not sure if that stops them from getting "squelched" when it closes, but i've not lost any to airlocks for a while - so I figured this fixed it ?

43 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Not sure if that stops them from getting "squelched" when it closes, but i've not lost any to airlocks for a while - so I figured this fixed it ?

Well, they don't activate doors themselves for sure but, I've had Dupes walk through them to pick up the slime balls and had Pufts decide -that- was a good time to try and slip through aaaaand...'squelch'!  One ded Puft.  Although, when this happened to me originally, it was with the slower non-powered air-locks..  The mechanized doors are.. probably too fast for them to think about trying to navigate through them.  But, for that reason, I'm always careful when it comes to doors and Puffs.

1 hour ago, The Flying Fox said:

The mechanized doors are.. probably too fast for them to think about trying to navigate through them.

No they're not. If the Puft sits right next to the door, he is fast enough to pass the door in about the same time the dupe will. I had a Puft "claim" my base this way once.

On 5/17/2017 at 3:27 AM, Lifegrow said:

Oh nice, i watched some footage of one dying to an airlock so i was avoiding anything to do with mobs. Perhaps i'll try an utilise them in the update later today.

Archived