[WIP/DISCUSSION] OnionString - A STRINGS-manipulator

I'm back at it again (if you didn't see OnionPatch, check it out)! This time with some WIP (Work in progress) of a IL-patcher that allows editing of STRINGS (basically all the names, and text in ONI, think Don't Starve STRINGS-table). It's not done yet and there is a lot of work ahead, but I'd figured I might as well take this opportunity to start a discussion on what YOU (the community) would like to see in the future, and if there any other passionate modders out there lurking. What's currently implemented is only the ability to add, remove and edit the names-portion of duplicants (although expect this to be extended soon~ish to various other STRINGS-related things.

uSLACGM.png

As it stands right now it's not very useful because you can simply rename characters in-game, but it's the start of something bigger. Once the code-generation and injection is done, it paves the way for grander things!

I'd love to hear suggestions about what the future of mods people want to see, I'm sure there are lurkers that want to take a shot at new and uncharted grounds!

1 minute ago, AFatCat said:

I don't own ONI (yet!) but I just wanted to pitch in and say: what you're doing is really ******* cool. They're neat tools and supposedly you've been doing this since DS was in beta? Wow. Congrats, dude!

Don't feed his ego TOO much now or else I won't hear the end of it ;X

Haha nah but in all seriousness, great job Moony ;D keep it up killa!

1 minute ago, AFatCat said:

I don't own ONI (yet!) but I just wanted to pitch in and say: what you're doing is really ******* cool. They're neat tools and supposedly you've been doing this since DS was in beta? Wow. Congrats, dude!

Thanks, heartwarming words are always a welcomed. Though in truth I haven't been that active since it was released (although I did have a modding-spree a few months ago), it's hard to find the time :/

I love Klei, their games and the modding community surrounding their games, so I'm really excited to see what people will do once it gets a little more accessible. It's still early for ONI, but if I can inspire even just one, I feel like all the hours would be worth it. It's definitely going to be one heck of a ride!

2 minutes ago, w00tyd00d said:

Don't feed his ego TOO much now or else I won't hear the end of it ;X

Haha nah but in all seriousness, great job Moony ;D keep it up killa!

Well, excuseeeeeee me princess! 

Archived