Shipwrecked Release Day Notes! March 31st.

Bryce

• Developer

Here are a few bug fixes for release day!

Build 171841:

Bug Fixes:

• You can no longer select invalid characters when world hopping with the teleportato.
  • You can no longer attempt to start a Shipwrecked world if Shipwrecked is uninstalled.
  • The telelocator base will no longer teleport water entities to invalid locations.
  • The quaken and quaken tentacles can no longer be teleported using the telelocator staff.
  • Added minimap icon for coffee bushes.

You can see notes throughout the development of shipwrecked here, and the launch trailer here!

There really isn't much of a use for either the telestaff / focus in SW anymore. The majority of the mobs are sea bound. Penned white whales as a base center piece, FBK's for farming and pet Ballphins was going to be neat. Can't really think of what else I'd want to teleport; I guess Fisher Merms could be used but what for?

I was really excited about Quacken tentacles and chests for décor; I was going to move primarily to Quacken chests in my SW base for style points as SW is lacking in something similar to the scaled chest. Here's a screenshot that I posted to Reddit which may or may not of influenced the change:

owyMrTS.jpg

I was hoping for game game-breaking bugs to be taken care instead of removing neat and interesting things like the above. Stuff like Ack's suggestions here are golden. I'm also partial to KCDA and my suggestions as all three of us probably have a combined 5k hours invested into this game.

I still have high hopes for a merge crafting table for SW/RoG.

1 hour ago, Bryce said:

The telelocator base will no longer teleport water entities to invalid locations.

What route was chosen to patch that? Water Entities as a whole are now not able to be teleported at all? Or will they always end up in water after teleporting (ignoring any Telelocator Bases in this scenario). Maybe some third option was chosen that I hadn't even considered. Some extra details on this would be very much appreciated.

Archived