123 posts in this topic

On 29/12/2016 at 6:06 AM, Kuldiin said:

I haven't  played DST in a long time.

Does it still need two  servers?

Hi there, you can run your DST with one server, but if you want Caves to be accessible without using a caves on surface mod, you will require two servers, we are happy to link these two servers together for you free of charge, we also offer a 15% discount off your secondary Caves server. Use code: DSTC15OFF at checkout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CitadelServers said:

Hi there, you can run your DST with one server, but if you want Caves to be accessible without using a caves on surface mod, you will require two servers, we are happy to link these two servers together for you free of charge, we also offer a 15% discount off your secondary Caves server. Use code: DSTC15OFF at checkout

Cheers.

If I have an 8 slot Forest does it have to be 8 slot cave?

 

Thinking of upping the server limit (not just yet) as constantly running at 8/8

Edited by Kuldiin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2016 at 4:56 PM, Kuldiin said:

Cheers.

If I have an 8 slot Forest does it have to be 8 slot cave?

 

Thinking of upping the server limit (not just yet) as constantly running at 8/8

Hi Kuldiin, slots should match as DST will enforce both servers to be the same slots, location should also be the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hello. I have a question. Should I type "I would like one of the servers to be the cave" here in the Notes / Additional Information box :

 

Notes.png

so that you know that I want to have caves or should I name one of the servers Cave or where do I type that I want to have a cave. I am probably not going to have caves if I am going to have a server but it would be good to know how to get caves if I am going to have a server.

 

And if I get a server and had it for a month is it possible to keep it for a  longer time or do I need to buy a new one?

Edited by MrKoopa
I forgot to ask something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @MrKoopa Simply purchase the two servers and put in a support ticket Stating you would like them linked and one of our team will link them together for you, alternatively we have a guide showing you how to do this yourself, either way, both servers can be linked easily.
 Caves servers are not publically listed in DST as they are a slave\shard of the main server, so the server name typically will not matter for the caves server, however if you want us to know which is why, you can type in a a name e.g. caves in the server name box.

 

You can purchase an additional server\caves server at any time and have both servers linked, you don't need to purchase both straight away, no data loss will occur by doing so.

 

If you select monthly, then you will be billed monthly, the service will continue unless you submit a cancellation request, cancellation is only one click and there are no cancellation fees. So if you only want the server for once month, simply submit a cancellation request for end of billing period on your order. If you want to keep using the server, then nothing is required, an invoice will be generated on your next billing date and service will continue. Please let us know if you have any further queries, we would be happy to help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I have a problem with your services. I have been double charged, was added as a credit on the site - even though I did not ask for it. Some of it is missing from the amount it was supposed to be, and it wasn't deducted on this months payment, was just charged again. So I opened a ticket on New Years and NO ONE bothered to answer. Then, I asked about it on the other support types - since it's usually the only thing we can do to contact you guys - and ALL WERE CLOSED, with NO ANSWER whatsoever. So, sincerely, dissapointed with the service that I've been using for the past few months and it was great, till this happened.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LokiGrants said:

Hi, I have a problem with your services. I have been double charged, was added as a credit on the site - even though I did not ask for it. Some of it is missing from the amount it was supposed to be, and it wasn't deducted on this months payment, was just charged again. So I opened a ticket on New Years and NO ONE bothered to answer. Then, I asked about it on the other support types - since it's usually the only thing we can do to contact you guys - and ALL WERE CLOSED, with NO ANSWER whatsoever. So, sincerely, dissapointed with the service that I've been using for the past few months and it was great, till this happened.

Hi @LokiGrants, With the holiday period e.g. in your case new years, our billing department was closed and as such have been working hard to clear the backlog generated over the holiday period, you likely already have a reply. Duplicate payments can only happen via paypal, this can only be done by you as we have no control over paypal, other than to prompt the subscription on inital payment.

With all paypal payments a subscription is made, so there is no need to manually make payment as paypal will auto-bill you. This is most likely what has happened in your case, as If you do make a manual payment, it will create a duplicate subscription which in-turn, will, like the first one, automatically bill you, it does clearly state this when you agree to the subscription initally and that it will bill you.

Please open a ticket with our billing department and our team will be happy to help in assisting you

Edited by CitadelServers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2017 at 6:13 AM, CitadelServers said:

Hi @LokiGrants, With the holiday period e.g. in your case new years, our billing department was closed and as such have been working hard to clear the backlog generated over the holiday period, you likely already have a reply. Duplicate payments can only happen via paypal, this can only be done by you as we have no control over paypal, other than to prompt the subscription on inital payment.

With all paypal payments a subscription is made, so there is no need to manually make payment as paypal will auto-bill you. This is most likely what has happened in your case, as If you do make a manual payment, it will create a duplicate subscription which in-turn, will, like the first one, automatically bill you, it does clearly state this when you agree to the subscription initally and that it will bill you.

Please open a ticket with our billing department and our team will be happy to help in assisting you

Yes, I just got an answer, but it did not tell me why I get billed twice for the value of 11.20 and I receive only 9.10 by your part. Shouldn't I receive the full amount of money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No answer, huh?

Well, going to leave here with a note for EVERYBODY.

Citadel Servers have a great service delivered. But their customer service is quite ****. After you buy using the live chat, you will never see it again, so you will have to make tickets and wait for them to decide to respond to, in which, may take over a week. When. They. Answer. Because they may never, or even just close your tickets without even responding to them.

They don't explain much to you, so most of stuff you will have to ask and wait while paying for the service till you get your answer.

Also, they will send you an email telling you to pay that month, even though it was supposed to be recurring. You will find that strange, and do the payment - so that your server won't be taken off - and it will become another recurring payment.

You will think they will use the credit before the recurring the next month... No, they won't, they will charge you again - double if you did not see that the new payment ALSO becomes recurring, so you know are paying double, again. Then, you will try to solve it to finally know this.

But the problem ends here? NO. Then you will realise that you pay 11.20 for one server and 9.52 for the other server. Your double billing is on the 11.20 dollars server, BUT they only gives you a credit of 9.10 on their website and despite of HOW MUCH YOU ASK for them to check that, they won't. They will say everything is fine and that's how it is, even though they are stealing 2.10 dollars per month from you for the last few months. 

I've been trying to talk to them and make them see that they are wrong billing, and that there is money missing from my account for almost a month now and they won't recognize it, even though I sent them the paypal history to prove how much it was supposed to have in the account.

 

So, to sum things up: Don't use Citadel Servers just because of the good servers, there are far more interesting companies that do not mistreat their customers and steal from them blindly.

Edited by LokiGrants
More info
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2017 at 9:49 AM, LokiGrants said:

No answer, huh?

Well, going to leave here with a note for EVERYBODY.

Citadel Servers have a great service delivered. But their customer service is quite ****. After you buy using the live chat, you will never see it again, so you will have to make tickets and wait for them to decide to respond to, in which, may take over a week. When. They. Answer. Because they may never, or even just close your tickets without even responding to them.

They don't explain much to you, so most of stuff you will have to ask and wait while paying for the service till you get your answer.

Also, they will send you an email telling you to pay that month, even though it was supposed to be recurring. You will find that strange, and do the payment - so that your server won't be taken off - and it will become another recurring payment.

You will think they will use the credit before the recurring the next month... No, they won't, they will charge you again - double if you did not see that the new payment ALSO becomes recurring, so you know are paying double, again. Then, you will try to solve it to finally know this.

But the problem ends here? NO. Then you will realise that you pay 11.20 for one server and 9.52 for the other server. Your double billing is on the 11.20 dollars server, BUT they only gives you a credit of 9.10 on their website and despite of HOW MUCH YOU ASK for them to check that, they won't. They will say everything is fine and that's how it is, even though they are stealing 2.10 dollars per month from you for the last few months. 

I've been trying to talk to them and make them see that they are wrong billing, and that there is money missing from my account for almost a month now and they won't recognize it, even though I sent them the paypal history to prove how much it was supposed to have in the account.

 

So, to sum things up: Don't use Citadel Servers just because of the good servers, there are far more interesting companies that do not mistreat their customers and steal from them blindly.

This seems to be a common complaint I have seen across several forums.

 

The discount code they previously mentioned doesn't even work. Seems like a misallocation or underallocation of resources going on there at Citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2017 at 3:51 PM, justacpa said:

This seems to be a common complaint I have seen across several forums.

 

The discount code they previously mentioned doesn't even work. Seems like a misallocation or underallocation of resources going on there at Citadel.

Hello Justacpa, i would like to provide some clarity on this, We have no liability if a client creates two paypal subscriptions, this is an action done by the client, we cannot setup a subscription nor charge any paypal account without a subscription in place and they are static (We cannot change\influence a subscription), the paypal screen clearly tells you about what a paypal subscription is, what it is for and that you will be auto-charged via the paypal subscription and it will automatically make payment each month when you accept it, to have a duplicate subscription.

To have two subscriptions with Paypal, You would need to effectively pay the inital invoice which requires you agree to and  create a subscription with paypal. Then next month, pay the invoice manually and accept this a second time by paying another invoice. We state clearly in all our invoices that if a paypal subscription is in-place that it will be auto-paid by the subscription. It's similar to how Static\Fixed rate (Not Variable) Direct Debits work, only you can agree to it\set this up and the amount is always the same.

I hope this provides clarity regarding this.

 

Assuming you are refering to the caves discount, the 15% off works only on secondary servers, your 1st server must exist and be setup first. It's a discount provided to "Caves"\Secondary DST servers only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, CitadelServers said:

Hello Justacpa, i would like to provide some clarity on this, We have no liability if a client creates two paypal subscriptions, this is an action done by the client, we cannot setup a subscription nor charge any paypal account without a subscription in place and they are static (We cannot change\influence a subscription), the paypal screen clearly tells you about what a paypal subscription is, what it is for and that you will be auto-charged via the paypal subscription and it will automatically make payment each month when you accept it, to have a duplicate subscription.

To have two subscriptions with Paypal, You would need to effectively pay the inital invoice which requires you agree to and  create a subscription with paypal. Then next month, pay the invoice manually and accept this a second time by paying another invoice. We state clearly in all our invoices that if a paypal subscription is in-place that it will be auto-paid by the subscription. It's similar to how Static\Fixed rate (Not Variable) Direct Debits work, only you can agree to it\set this up and the amount is always the same.

I hope this provides clarity regarding this.

 

Assuming you are refering to the caves discount, the 15% off works only on secondary servers, your 1st server must exist and be setup first. It's a discount provided to "Caves"\Secondary DST servers only.

I'm aware of what a paypal subscription is.  I have multiple paypal subscriptions.  And my reference to seeing similar experiences is in reference not only to double subscription payments (not Citadel's fault) but also failure on Citadel's part to appropriately respond to customer inquiries and closing support tickets without explanation.

 

Thank you for clarifying the discount.  I was attempting rent 2 servers at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2017 at 2:10 AM, CitadelServers said:

Hello Justacpa, i would like to provide some clarity on this, We have no liability if a client creates two paypal subscriptions, this is an action done by the client, we cannot setup a subscription nor charge any paypal account without a subscription in place and they are static (We cannot change\influence a subscription), the paypal screen clearly tells you about what a paypal subscription is, what it is for and that you will be auto-charged via the paypal subscription and it will automatically make payment each month when you accept it, to have a duplicate subscription.

To have two subscriptions with Paypal, You would need to effectively pay the inital invoice which requires you agree to and  create a subscription with paypal. Then next month, pay the invoice manually and accept this a second time by paying another invoice. We state clearly in all our invoices that if a paypal subscription is in-place that it will be auto-paid by the subscription. It's similar to how Static\Fixed rate (Not Variable) Direct Debits work, only you can agree to it\set this up and the amount is always the same.

I hope this provides clarity regarding this.

 

Assuming you are refering to the caves discount, the 15% off works only on secondary servers, your 1st server must exist and be setup first. It's a discount provided to "Caves"\Secondary DST servers only.

I'd like to remember that the reason I had a second subscription was because of emails you guys send, to someone that is paying with paypal subscription, telling them that the servers needs to be payed. That's the first wrong thing. Second, is that I am complaining about the credits not being full on my account. I did not get all the credits I payed for. That's what I am saying over and over and over and over and over again.

 

Edit: Let me show everybody what I am talking about, then.

This is the paypal history screenshot below, you can see the double billing on January and December, one being paid on day 1, and other on day 2. It's already cancelled to use the credit in the account, BUT, now let's see the credit in the account, shall we?

HistorySS.PNG

On the first image below you can see that this month it used credit, which means it used the account money, 11.20 from it. And on the second image you can see my account still has 7 dollars, though, paypal sent a double payment of 11.20, which, since it took now 11.20 for this month, I should have 11.20 left, BUT I have 7. You can also see that there is no way to get to 18.20 (7 + 11.20) with any sum of the total invoice payments.

17156.png

 

screen.png

This is the whole issue, not the fact that I was double paying or anything, but the fact that there IS money missing from my account.

Oh, one more thing. Do you think you have no liability?
So, since you posted something directly from paypal, let me show you something too:

"Blocking accidental payments

You can choose whether to accept payments with the same Invoice ID or to block payments when the Invoice ID was already used.

When you receive payments from buyers, you can include an optional Invoice ID field to track payments; buyers will not see this ID. A buyer's Invoice ID must be unique for each transaction. If PayPal receives a payment with an Invoice ID that was used for another payment, PayPal will assume this was an accidental payment and will not accept the transaction."

 

Yes, you could if you wanted to block the wrong billings, you just chose not to.

Edited by LokiGrants
screens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the interface is good, the customer service is severely lacking.  No response after having a ticket open for 3 days.   The instructions for setting up both worlds and linking them are very unclear.    I'm not a novice at computers (programmer) and couldn't figure it out.   When you open a ticket they advertise a 24 hour response but as I said before it has been 3 days for me.   I'm about to cancel my services with them.

 

Update:   My second ticket got a response pretty quickly.    They told me to follow the rather complicated instructions for setting up a second world with caves.   After hours of trying I gave up.   

Edited by Mencken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2017 at 5:20 PM, Quench said:

Hi...I've been hosting locally for a while, but I was just wondering...can someone tell a complete nab what all of this means?  I'm going to assume it means the server would be run through Citadel rather than my own computer?  What are "slots"? Is that the server-size? For instance if I wanted something strong enough to host 12 people...that would be 12 slots?  Is this something I can still do with the ~ key to type console commands, or would I have to have a lot more knowledge than I have now?  I seem to do fine with the console commands, etc. My only problem is that I can't host more than 4 people without my computer saying "WTF, no!" and burning up.  Would I still have complete control of the server, game, kicking, banning, installing whatever mods I want to run, etc?  Rules of the server, etc.  I've never heard of this third-party hosting before...could use some more info.  Thank you!

HI Quench, Slots = max players allowed online e.g. 12 slots = 12 max players online at once. You can run console commands when in-game with our servers, that's no problem at all. We have a huge database of guides showing you how to mod\manage\configure  your server with ease

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mencken said:

While the interface is good, the customer service is severely lacking.  No response after having a ticket open for 3 days.   The instructions for setting up both worlds and linking them are very unclear.    I'm not a novice at computers (programmer) and couldn't figure it out.   When you open a ticket they advertise a 24 hour response but as I said before it has been 3 days for me.   I'm about to cancel my services with them.

 

Update:   My second ticket got a response pretty quickly.    They told me to follow the rather complicated instructions for setting up a second world with caves.   After hours of trying I gave up.   

Hi Mencken, can you PM this account with your ticket number and we will investigate this issue further, typically our response times are very fast, no reply within 3 days is not acceptable by any means and we will investigate if that is the case as to why there was delay in response to you. We will typically link servers together for you, free of charge or there is a guide we provide which is detailed although if you are using a new reign beta, isn't updated yet to suggest how to get it to work with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We are proud to announce that we are now offering a new Game Server Hosting Location.

In Sydney, Australia!

C5lQTbEXEAAgDM7.jpg:large


Order your Sydney, Australia hosted Dedicated Game Server Today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jens Sizerwalta said:

But not for China*Sub*

Hello, we will have Singapore location avaliable soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone. Make sure you know, before buying, that you will need too order 2 servers to be abble to have UpWorld+Caves. Also customer feedback is pretty slow and the tutorials to connected servers are very unclear. Consider instead on buying a dedicated machine that will be cheaper and more eficiente than buying two cheap servers with low CPU clock and tickrate.

Just my two cents after trying out there service. Bottom line spend almost 30€ for a very good server that will sit unused till the end of the month, because nobody wants to play without caves (: Never making that mistake again. Just be advised when you order.

Best Regards,

Glermz
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to share my experience of Citadel Servers = Avoid like the plague.

I first used Citadel Servers in May 2015, almost 2 years ago. I rented a basic server and for the first few months and enjoyed it, very few problems, quick customer support. I cancelled it after 2 months and took a break before I went back to it in November 2015 for a larger slot server (12). This is where the problems first started:

My server was loaded with pretty basic mods, and at 12 players was Unplayable, even when disabling the mods it wouldn't function past 8 players. Mid November I asked them to downgrade the server slots despite having already paid for more. The next 7 days of the server was again Unplayable as I sent numerous tickets in re: the server randomly disconnecting, rolling back after 20 minutes of gameplay, not booting correctly and after plenty of responses assuring me it'd been fixed I gave up, as all they ever did was reset and disable my mods. 
So I was done. Cancelled my server with them on 19/11/2015.

On the 23/11/2015 they billed me for the server, took the money via paypal and claimed I hadn't cancelled even though I had the email confirmation. I provided paypal with the email confirmation from Citadel and was refunded a few days later. A month later an automatic payment went out again to Citadel, and as I found out from Paypal (Something not made expressly clear or mentioned at all by Citadel in the payment discrepancy from the month previous) that now when you cancel your server it doesn't automatically cancel the automatic monthly payment as it had previously done when I cancelled my server in July that year. I chalked it up to loss and vowed never to trust them with my money again.

Roll on January this year, I was having difficulty finding hosts for DST servers and cautiously logged into citadel to check prices when I found my account with £20 credit. Maybe a bit of it was that December '15 payment I never got back? Who knows. So a year later everything is in the past, sure I had a bad time with them in the past but heck, it was my first experience with hosting companies.

So having seen this thread and the announcement of the caves and their linking service I decided to use that credit to order 2 servers to try it out. On the 24/1/17 I ordered the servers, sent the ticket for linking in, and got to work setting up the first server. The next day the server wouldn't work, we were greeted by a "Host is blocked" error which I assume was on their end, but alas my ticket on that issue was responded to within a few hours. So we played out the rest of that month on the credit having never used the second server caves that was paid for as they were never set up like Citadel had advertised - during this time I re-familiarized myself with what put me off this company in the first place and concluded I shouldn't hold my breath.

So as that technically free month came to an end, it generated my bill for the next one. Pffftt, nice try Citadel, luckily I never entered my payment details again and cancelled the servers and sent them a very toned down email explaining my lack of interest in their services due to their lack of interest in their customers to which I received an apology for being "overlooked", an offer of a free month, and a "We are suprised you never alerted us to this sooner" - Well seeing as how your response time to my first ticket was a mere few hours, and the response to the linking was 30 days, I just assumed you had terrible customer service and was in the habit of taking peoples money for services you have no intention/or can't provide and really I'm done with your company, it's too much effort.

ALAS. That is what I thought until I started getting Billing notification emails from them for the Cancelled servers. Middle of March this year I started receiving these invoices. I contacted them, clarified I'd cancelled, got a response saying they'd look into it, Done. Nope. Even after that those emails kept coming, by the end of march I'd had 7 invoices and reminders. I contacted them again, was told they'd look into it again, and now on Wednesday 19th April they've started coming through again. I'd save them to junk but I like to hold onto them to showcase how persistently bad their customer service is, which even borders on harassment at this point. 17 invoices and billing notifications for cancelled servers, and I'm sure more is yet to come. 

Worst example of a game hosting company I've come across, and as I dug out, back in 2015 they often seem to be quite koi with where "their" servers were located as I've come across a ticket I sent them regarding my server based in bristol coming back with a london based I.P, which surprisingly they never answered, and upon further digging appeared to belong to a larger game hosting company.

 

So if you'd like to rent from a company that rents from another company, has terrible customer service, and harasses you after you leave them, Citadel's for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a particularly annoying problem with this company. Suddenly "web services" for my two rented servers became "unavailable." What this meant is that while the servers functioned OK in every other respect, I could not shut them down when my friends and I were done playing and I could not get into the web interface to alter the servers in any way. The server is not passworded because while the majority of strangers who jump on are annoying noobs demanding taxi service from the spawn, we have met some excellent players who have become regulars just by keeping it open. I've always shut the servers down when I'm not playing and keeping an eye on things.

My hope was that Citadel would fix the problem before some rando trashed our base, so I let it sit over night. Bad idea, some fool came on, took the last eyeball and let all the grass geckos out of their pen, etc. So I finally had to set the machine to refuse any new connections, which means I can't get into it either because I don't want to be on there 24/7. All I've got from Citadel is a "We think there's a hardware problem. We'll get back to you when we've resolved it." So now I've got a 780-day server that I can't even use. If they ever fix the hardware problem who wants to bet that they won't be able to tell me how to change the settings to accept new connections again?

I really need an alternative to Citadel on the east coast of the US if anyone has any recommendations...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now